Final Strike Games is an independent development studio with a dedicated, multidisciplinary team and a passion for making multiplayer. Founded by industry veterans, FSG is currently developing AAA experiences for PC and Console.
Final Strike Games is looking for a passionate, creative, and talented Ability Designer to help create engaging AAA gameplay experiences.
The Ability Designer will help create abilities and other mechanics for our next great multiplayer experience. The ideal candidate is skilled in creating and balancing player abilities for fast-paced multiplayer games. They are able to rapidly design, implement and iterate on core gameplay ability systems, and possess a solid understanding of networked gameplay.
As a Designer, you will apply your critical thinking and imagination to help make the game as fun and rewarding as possible. Communication and collaboration will be the keys to success in this role, as well as a passion for making high quality and truly memorable games, and most importantly, have fun doing it!
- Design, iterate, and tune gameplay abilities and other mechanics
- Implement assets in-engine and manage files through source control
- Write & maintain design documentation for owned features
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams to champion design goals and drive owned features to completion
- Work with the Lead Designer to understand project goals, priorities, and vision gameplay
- Execute across all stages of development: from verbal ideas to paper sketches to feature documentation and in-game implementation
- Participate in daily playtests to provide and receive feedback and create action items
- Identify and fix Design bugs
- 3+ years industry experience working in a AAA environment
- At least one shipped title as a gameplay designer
- Knowledge of core ability and gameplay systems, such as activatable abilities, cooldowns, damage systems, movement, etc.
- Unreal Engine professional development experience
- Experience creating gameplay abilities or other core mechanics
- Ability to create high quality AAA content and ensure the very best game is built
- Strong knowledge of multiplayer gameplay and ability to research the industry trends
- The ability to sell, present, and talk through your design thinking, game mechanics and overall design goals to all levels of management
- Strong ability to quickly analyze and adapt designs to continuously improve them
- Collaborative, self-motivated, and effective time-management skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to new tools, technologies, and development methodologies
- Passion for playing and making console and PC games
- Dedication to promoting a positive and respectful workplace environment
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
If you are a Colorado resident, please contact us at email@example.com for compensation and benefits information on this posting. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.