Final Strike Games is an independent development studio with a dedicated, multidisciplinary team and a passion for making multiplayer. Founded by industry veterans, FSG is currently developing AAA experiences for PC and Console.
Final Strike Games is looking for a passionate, creative, and talented Multiplayer Level Designer to join our design team and help define and build our next great multiplayer experience. Working in Maya and Unreal and collaborating with interdisciplinary teams, the Multiplayer Level Designer is responsible for the complete gameplay experience of their levels. Communication and collaboration will be the keys to success in this role, as well as a passion for making high quality and truly memorable games.
- Work with Design, Art, and Engineering teams to understand project goals, priorities, and vision for new levels
- Define and champion each level’s design with other disciplines from idea to design, blockout, massout, and bug fixing
- Write and maintain design documentation for levels as well as the systems & features that contribute to their gameplay experience
- Design, develop, iterate, tune, and test levels and other gameplay spaces as well as level features & systems
- Participate in playtests and translate collected feedback into action items
- Work successfully in a collaborative environment, providing regular feedback and input
- Identify and fix level-related gameplay bugs
- At least one shipped AAA multiplayer shooter title
- 4+ years of game design experience in a level design role
- Experience building level blockouts in Maya
- Experience using UE4 level editor or similar
- Blueprints Visual Scripting experience or similar
- Great understanding of scale, proportion, and basic art principles
- Keen sense of performance limitations (optimization, streaming, LODs, etc)
- Experience developing for both casual and competitive audiences
- Excellent communicator who can take direction well and is willing to learn and occasionally teach
- Passion for playing and making console and PC games
- Ability to maintain rich, thoughtful, and candid communication to ensure the very best game is built
- Strong knowledge of multiplayer experiences and industry design standards
- Ability to analyze and adapt designs based on feedback and data
- Collaborative, self-motivated, and effective time-management skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to new tools, technologies, and development methodologies
- High quality bar and great attention to detail
- Strong drive to iterate quickly and often
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
If you are a Colorado resident, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for compensation and benefits information on this posting. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.