Final Strike Games is an independent development studio with a dedicated, multidisciplinary team and a passion for making multiplayer. Founded by industry veterans, FSG is currently developing AAA experiences for PC and Console.
Final Strike Games is looking for a Sr. Backend Engineer to join our talented networking team. You will collaborate on multiplayer game development, and our second product. As a Sr. Backend Engineer you will have the skills and abilities to help set technical direction, build, and integrate the online systems for our new multiplayer action game. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about developing a services architecture built to leverage future-leaning technologies including Kubernetes and Go.
- Work closely with designers, and client engineers to develop and integrate new backend software systems.
- Improve performance, security, and network reliability of systems.
- Develop test cases and integrate with the QA team.
- Self-manage time and responsibilities when given prioritized goals and objectives.
- At least 5 years experience as a server or backend engineer.
- A demonstrable understanding of security practices in live operations.
- Strong programming skills in a statically typed language.
- Linux systems engineering experience is a bonus, but not required
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
If you are a Colorado resident, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for compensation and benefits information on this posting. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.