Final Strike Games is an independent development studio with a dedicated, multidisciplinary team and a passion for making multiplayer. Founded by industry veterans, FSG is currently developing AAA experiences for PC and Console.
Final Strike Games is looking for a talented Senior Quest Designer to help create engaging AAA user experiences. The ideal senior candidate is skillful across several Design areas, can rapidly create mockups and iterate on ideas, is a good communicator, and can help lead other team members to a finished high-quality product. They will be driving the design and creation of engaging and innovative quest gameplay experiences.
The Senior Quest Designer will apply critical thinking and imagination to help make the game as fun and rewarding as it can be. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of meeting high expectations and hitting milestone deliverables. Leadership, communication, and collaboration will be the keys to success in this role, as well as a passion for making truly memorable games.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in game design, including senior or lead design experience on a shipped product
- Execute across all stages of development: from paper prototypes to feature documentation and in-game implementation
- Ability to execute under various constraints to create high-quality designs on schedule
- Pitch and iterate on designs to support new features and gameplay changes
- Implement assets in-engine and manage files through source control
- Work with the Lead Designer to understand project goals, priorities, and vision
- Drive project goals, priorities, and vision across interdisciplinary teams to deliver high features from start to finish
- Write & maintain design documentation and processes for owned features & work
- Frequently manage JIRA items for owned features & work
- Support & mentor members of the design team with feedback, engine assistance, and professional growth
- Run & participate in daily playtests to collect feedback and create action items for owned feature teams
- Identify and fix Design bugs
- Collaborate with the Production team to maintain schedule and priorities of the design teams deliverables and bug fixes
- 5+ years of game design experience
- Designed, developed, and shipped work on 2+ AAA titles
- Unreal Engine professional development experience
- Experience developing core mechanics for a variety of experiences
- Excellent communicator who can take feedback and direction well and is willing to learn and teach others
- Passion for playing and making console and PC games
- Able to develop and champion a strong design vision for a game system from concept to completion
- Strong ability to quickly analyze and adapt designs to continuously improve them
- Collaborative, self-motivated, and effective time-management skills
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
If you are a Colorado resident, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for compensation and benefits information on this posting. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.