Final Strike Games is an independent development studio with a dedicated, multidisciplinary team and a passion for making multiplayer. Founded by industry veterans, FSG is currently developing AAA experiences for PC and Console.
Final Strike Games is looking for a talented Weapon Artist to help develop amazing new weapon models, gadgets and details that establish a creative and high quality bar in games . The Weapon Artist will be responsible for evolving concepts to execution for all weapons, defining the quality bar and creative pipelines, and building a library of weapons that transcend the industry.
This artist loves the details and personality in a weapon, from the nicks and scars across the metal to the personal touches that give each weapon meaning. They put their heart and soul into building these amazing models and storytell through subtle nuance to help define an amazing experience. Bring your creativity, drive and passion to this studio if you want to do something amazing in games.
The Weapon Artist will apply critical thinking, imagination, motivation and skill to help make the development of the game as fun and rewarding as it can be. You will have a proven track record of meeting high expectations and hitting milestone deliverables.
Creativity, Quality, Communication, and Collaboration will be the keys to success in this role, as well as a passion for making truly memorable games.
- Sculpt detailed high-poly models with creativity and detailed nuance in mind
- Create low-poly meshes and pipelines for internal/external execution
- Create amazing textures and materials
- Ensure all art assets support a high quality bar with gameplay and performance in mind
- Collaborate with Engineers to optimize runtime performance without sacrificing artistic integrity.
- Work closely with key contributors to build, detail, iterate and execute final game assets
- Develop best practices in art and modeling
- Collaborate with the Production team to maintain schedule and priorities of the content teams’ deliverables and bug fixes
- 5+ years game development experience, creating real-time weapons using Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop (or equivalent 3D/2D programs)
- Actively worked on and shipped at least one AAA title
- A strong understanding of hard surface modeling techniques and processes, color theory, form and silhouette
- A proven portfolio of weapon modeling and material execution that showcases an understanding of form, detail and personalization
- Proven Unreal Engine 4/5 knowledge in actual game development
- Demonstrated proficiency in current modeling techniques and PBR workflows
- Experience with current generation console platforms
- Excellent communicator who can take feedback and direction well and is willing to learn and teach others
- The ability to sell, present, and talk through your thinking, technical solutions and overall process to all levels of the team
- Passion for playing and making console and PC games
- Collaborative, self-motivated, and effective time-management skills
Nice to have:
- Strong foundation in traditional arts across concept, illustration and color theory
- Proficiency in Substance Painter
- Understanding of rigging, animation and performance needs
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
If you are a Colorado resident, please contact us at email@example.com for compensation and benefits information on this posting. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.