Final Strike Games is an independent development studio with a dedicated, multidisciplinary team and a passion for making multiplayer. Founded by industry veterans, FSG is currently developing AAA experiences for PC and Console.
Final Strike Games is looking for a talented Technical Artist to help our development team create game content in the best way possible. The Technical Artist will act as a bridge between the engineering team and the art and design teams, and will help make our pipelines easier, faster and more performant.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working in many different applications, and serving many different customers on the team. Making sure things are efficient and frustration-free should be a priority in everything you make. You must be a good communicator, and you should be able to help make other team members become even better at what they do.
The Technical Artist will apply critical thinking and imagination to help make the development of the game as fun and rewarding as it can be. You will have a proven track record of meeting high expectations and hitting milestone deliverables.
Leadership, communication, and collaboration will be the keys to success in this role, as well as a passion for making truly memorable games.
- Breaking down existing processes and pipelines, identifying where improvements can be made, explaining to your customers what needs to happen, build consensus around the ideas and then execute on the plan.
- Communicate closely with Artists/Engineers/Designers/Production to develop or facilitate new features.
- Collaborate with Engineers to optimize runtime performance without sacrificing artistic integrity.
- Improve pipelines and workflows for Environments/Characters, textures, materials, and lighting.
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers to help with asset performance.
- Develop test cases for content and help integrate these with the QA team
- Inspire and empower the art team to do their very best work, as easily as possible
- Create efficient master shaders for Characters, Environments and VFX, while also solving for edge cases
- Analyze memory/performance for game content throughout the project development.
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams to scope work for sprints and milestones
- Implement assets in-engine and manage files through source control
- Write & maintain concise documentation and processes for owned features & work
- Identify and fix tech art bugs as needed
- Collaborate with the Production team to maintain schedule and priorities of the content teams’ deliverables and bug fixes
- 3+ years of Tech Art experience in game development, working on PC or Consoles.
- Actively worked on and shipped at least one AAA title
- Deep experience writing shaders with languages like HLSL and GLSL.
- Experience with procedural content creation tools, such as Houdini.
- Expert understanding of Physically Based Rendering pipelines, workflows, and limitations.
- Expert understanding of game art creation tools, requirements and processes.
- Proven Unreal Engine 4/5 knowledge in actual game development
- Experience with current generation console platforms
- Experience developing core mechanics for a variety of experiences
- Excellent communicator who can take feedback and direction well and is willing to learn and teach others
- The ability to sell, present, and talk through your thinking, technical solutions and overall process to all levels of management
- Passion for playing and making console and PC games
- Maintain rich, thoughtful, candid communication, down and up in order to ensure everyone has the right information
- Strong ability to quickly analyze and adapt pipelines and technology to continuously improve on them
- Collaborative, self-motivated, and effective time-management skills
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of C++
- Ability to write tools in Python for DCC applications.
- Technical writing experience
Final Strike Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
If you are a Colorado resident, please contact us at email@example.com for compensation and benefits information on this posting. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.