Join one of High Alpha’s newest launches, Filo. Filo is on a BIG mission to make virtual meetings and work environments more productive. We offer configurable virtual spaces for collaborative programs, events & teams. There are a lot of great technical challenges to solve.
A great candidate is comfortable taking on large projects, moving fast with an eye on the future, and wearing multiple hats at once. Key skill sets include: React, Node, GraphQL, API design, AWS and Google Cloud, and development. WebRTC and Real Time Chat experience are a plus. Strong communication and strategic leadership skills are strongly desired. You know and love the startup experience.
The company is based in Indianapolis, but is building a 100% remote team.
What You’ll Do:
- Leverage a deep and broad understanding of the technology landscape and market, and serve as a thought-leader in order to assist in platforms and technology selections and decision making
- Draw up technical specifications for custom development and systems integration requirements.
- Participate in architecture design, build schedule, milestone, delivery, and post-project reviews
- Nurture engineers to think with architecture and design best practices in mind, including aspects such as performance, scalability, maintainability, and security.
- Communicate directly with key stakeholders including prospects, customers, partners, and investors.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 5+ years of technology experience, with at least 2 years in an Architect role
- Experience with web application design and analysis, design patterns, and object-oriented design
- Hands on experience with React, Node, CSS and Typescript
- Hands on experience with Cloud (AWS/GCP), GraphQL and REST APIs
- Hands-on experience with designing, growing and scaling NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of WebRTC, Video and Audio Streaming, Real Time Chat Technologies, Elixir and OTP
What We Value:
- Team players who are comfortable taking on big challenges, moving fast, leading teams, and directly contributing
- Comfortable working in a remote first environment
- Superb written and verbal communications skills, comfortable presenting to C-suite stakeholders as well as leading internal development teams
We constantly challenge ourselves to push boundaries, defy conventional wisdom, and take smart risks by pursuing big opportunities hiding in plain sight.
We push ourselves and portfolio companies to build processes and systems that compress time, speed, and decision-making to produce results faster.
We demand the best from ourselves, our team, and our partners. We create the context for success by providing the appropriate resources, infrastructure, training, and mentorship required to win.
High Alpha is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.