Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In five short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO/CCO of Figure Securities, the Securities Operations Principal will assist with the creation of Figure Markets Securities Operations, including supporting the operations of two SEC-registered broker-dealers, a blockchain alternative trading system, and Figure Equity Solutions, a digital Transfer Agent with a focus on eventual custodian services, operating and supervisory procedures, and daily reconciliations.
What You’ll Do
- Domain expertise to identify, analyze, and resolve securities and option trade settlement breaks.
- Provide training to staff to improve the depth of knowledge and promote growth.
- Work closely and back up the CEO/CCO of Figure Securities to achieve operational cohesiveness between each department with focus on visibility, teamwork, and efficiency.
- Coordinate with executives and stakeholders across departments and business lines within
- Collaborate to meet regulatory guidelines & record-keeping (FINRA, OCC, SEC, etc.).
- Assist in periodic internal and external audit examinations.
- Process creation, documentation, validation, and research related to new products including:
- Client on-boarding (customer account data and document maintenance);
- Collection, maintenance, re-investment (i.e. sweeps) and disbursement of funds;
- Receipt and delivery of securities and funds, account transfers;
- Bank, custody, depository and Firm account management and reconciliation;
- Settlement, fail control, buy ins, segregation, possession and control;
- Trade confirmation and account statements;
- Approval of pricing models used for valuations;
- Financial control, including general ledger and treasury;
- Contributing to the process of preparing and filing financial regulatory reports;
- Defining and approving business requirements for sales and trading systems and any other systems related to the covered functions, and validation that these systems meet such business requirements.
What We Look For
- Series 7, 24 license required; and (or) 27 to be obtained.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with an introducing broker-dealer or a clearing broker-dealer. Additional 2 years’ experience in transfer agent operations preferred.
- Experience with digital asset trading and marketplaces preferred.
- Knowledge of Regulation T, FINRA Rule 4210, SEC Rule 15c3-3, and 15c3-1, Rule 6 and Rule 17ad-
- Ability to think strategically and critically to identify key issues and devise practical business- forward solutions.
- Entrepreneurial and ability to take ownership of multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to recognize and mitigate issues with process and tools.
- Attention to detail, time management, and solid communication/organization skills.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
For CO, NY, CA and WA residents, the salary range for this position is $114,400-$143,000/year. Actual compensation may vary based on individual candidate experience and location.
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.