Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In five short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
About the Role:
Figure is looking for a highly motivated Accounting Director with a vision for cutting edge technology business growth across many areas in the Fintech space. Ownership and pride in your work are key to being a part of a team that is changing the financial services industry. You can make an impact and add to our collaborative culture. This is a great opportunity to work at a rapidly growing start up alongside some of the brightest minds and experienced leaders in the Fintech and blockchain space. This role will be an expert on accounting for complex and innovative financial transactions.
What you'll do:
- Research accounting guidance and communicate technical assessments of unusual / new transactions for innovative business initiatives ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP. Accounting transactions include but not limited to mergers and acquisitions, revenue recognition for new technology products, and blockchain digital token asset transactions
- Prepare detailed accounting memos documenting conclusions reached from accounting research. Advanced communication skills, specifically technical report writing, is a highly valuable skill in this role.
- Key decision maker on continuous development of accounting policies and standard operating procedures to be implemented based on technical assessments. The opportunity to develop accounting processes from the ground up, enabling significant impacts on Figure’s financial results.
- Own and oversee operational aspects of accounting processes such as equity and stock based compensation
- Work closely with external auditors. Prepare schedules and financial statements for annual audits.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including general managers and product owners on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement and solve problems influencing business decisions by offering expert accounting advice.
- Drive process improvement and design of automation solutions to further streamline real-time financial data for decision making
- Review month end balance sheet and income statement reports with variance analysis
- Ad hoc projects as we scale
What we look for:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting required
- 7+ years Big 4 Public accounting required
- CPA certification required
- Industry experience - software, technology, blockchain and/or financial services preferred
- SEC reporting and IPO experience a plus
- Ability to conduct accounting research and summarize results accurately and independently
- Excellent attention to detail and writing skills writing internal and external accounting documentation and management recommendations
- Demonstrate initiative, sound judgment, and ability to encourage and motivate team members
- A flexible approach and ability to prioritize tasks to thrive in a startup environment
- Experience with Excel, SAGE, Paycom, bill.com, and Expensify a plus
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
For CO, NY, CA and WA residents, the salary range for this position is $140,800 - $176,000/year with a 25% Bonus and Equity. Actual compensation may vary based on individual candidate experience and location.
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.