Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In five short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
About The Role
The Director of Customer Care, Lending Operations & Servicing is a key position in our journey to transform our Lending Operations and Servicing organization. This role will be responsible for elevating our customer experience by evaluating our customer care model, which has grown along with our business. The incumbent will ensure our internal and external customer journeys are seamless, through one entry point and a customer-centric team that provides personalized, high-value customer interactions based on customer attributes. This individual will ensure our people, processes, and systems are harmonized and simplified, providing end-to-end transparency, and align KPIs to deliver high customer satisfaction.
This individual will define, create, and lead the implementation and execution of innovative strategies that deliver a consistent and trusted service experience for Figure Lending customers. To create competitive advantage, and ultimately drive revenue growth through well-served and engaged customers, the incumbent will champion the customer experience while balancing the realities of our business needs.
As we continue to evolve our operating model to support future growth, we also seek ways to evolve our capabilities and enhance synergies across teams with the goal of delivering a seamless, unified customer experience. This position will oversee the operations and leaders within Customer Care. As such, this leader will develop and inspire a team of leaders who uphold service standards and are driven to elevate our customer experience. This individual will be responsible for bringing unity to new and existing teams, upskilling, reskilling, and ensuring teams are engaging in best practice sharing and ensuring the best customer service experience. This role will also work with Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Analytics, Credit Risk and other groups to ensure highest operational excellence in Figure Lending
What You Will Do
- Shape the strategy of the customer care team and lay out the roadmap to achieve goals
- Define and execute policies and procedures to facilitate an enthusiastic, holistic and effective customer service experience
- Identify initiatives and improvements in technology, systems, and policies to enhance service and employee retention; work collaboratively across functions to design and implement initiatives
- Making recommendations on practical project solutions regarding system feature/functionality and/or process enhancements.
- Provide data-driven insights on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and standardized business metrics; taking action as needed
- Manage dashboards and reports to leadership
- Continue to develop and implement methods to record, assess, and analyze customer feedback across their journey
- Lead, manage, and develop direct and indirect team members to increase talent, diversity, capabilities, and drive performance
- Participate in the recruitment of industry-leading talent to build a high-performing team
- Proactively evolve culture through providing feedback, ongoing monitoring, and coaching to develop highly effective team
- Participate as a member of the Lending Operations and Servicing Senior Leadership team; partner with other key stakeholders to champion, develop, and communicate a consistent strategic platform, mission, and purpose for the organization
- Partner, communicate, and facilitate collaborative interactions with peer organizations to ensure objectives, tactics, and long-term strategies are aligned and executed appropriately to achieve business goals.
- Ensure plans/actions/decisions do not negatively impact our Company species / business units.
- Manage and implement department budget
- Inspire and mentor direct reports to drive performance
- Support leadership team in systems / operations processes, customer relations & issue resolution, if escalation required
What We Look For
- Bachelor’s degree is required and masters is preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years in the financial service industry (preferably mortgage or HELOC experience).
- Minimum of seven (7) years in a leadership position for large operations center (preferably call center)
- Valid NMLS License and/or the ability to obtain state specific license in all 50 states within 180 days of employment.
- Knowledge and experience in service operations strategies, strategic planning, principle and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and manage data and develop executive summary reports and conduct presentations.
- Familiarity with Federal, State and Local regulations as it pertains to the Loan Origination and Servicing
- Demonstrated leadership skills with strong interpersonal skills including coaching staff and handling conflict resolution, implementing initiatives or projects, and collaborating with other professional and non-clinical staff required.
- Demonstrated financial Analysis with basic accounting principles required.
- Demonstrated process improvement skills.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate activities and support related corporate strategies.
- Demonstrated communication, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills with ability to comprehend and suggest modification to technical computerized systems.
- Strategic thinker, strong hands-on leadership skills with the ability to influence and persuade others across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills including presentations for internal/external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience managing a geographically dispersed workforce
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
What Would Be a Plus
- Customer Experience improvement strategies preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma Methodologies preferred.
- Experience with operating and working with various lending (Loan Originations and Servicing) systems.
- Experience working in a start-up and/or consulting environment.
- Experience using Notion and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) would be a plus, but not required.
- Understanding of Agile Development methodology.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.