Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In three short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
About the Role
Figure is seeking an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented executive to lead its Figure Equity Solutions (FES) division to its next phase of development and scale. This executive will initially report into the Head of Figure’s Marketplace business and will work closely with the broader executive team to spearhead the development and curation of FES’s overall strategy and drive execution. This executive will augment the existing team, curate the product roadmap, and set the go-to-market strategy with full P&L accountability. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strategic mindset and an action-oriented management style, and will be a visible presence internally and in the market to earn the respect of employees, customers / partners, board members, and other key stakeholders. This is a hands-on role for a highly-motivated, team-oriented professional who wants to be part of a fast-moving, entrepreneurial organization.
The candidate should have strong relationships in broader capital markets and financial services (i.e., asset management, hedge funds, investment banks, private equity, venture capital) and have insight as to the key issues that concern private companies and investors. Specific responsibilities include:
- Articulate and drive the strategic vision of FES; execute, build upon, and scale the business’ existing timeline and product roadmap. Empower the FES team to take ownership in this vision and drive the team’s success.
- Drive top-line growth through continued, agile development of superior products, building and executing GTM strategies to sell FES’s current offerings and future solutions to clients / partners.
- Monitor market activity / competitive trends and review Figure’s offerings in light of market developments.
- Build trusted relationships and establish credibility with private company management teams, investors, and partners.
- Be a visible presence in the market and generate positive exposure as a thought leader among customers, partners, influencers, and stakeholders.
- Provide overall leadership to the organization and full P&L accountability, working across all aspects and functions of the business (i.e., product, tech, marketing, sales, revenue generation, operations, services).
- Facilitate the recruitment, retention and development of high caliber employees and build a winning culture where the best people want to work and succeed together; hire “A-players” capable of recruiting and retaining high performing teams.
- Work closely with the executive team and investors/board, communicating regularly.
- Verifiable track-record of leading a business as a CEO, President, COO, or GM with P&L ownership within an organization.
- Experience taking a business from nascency to hyper-scale (ideally scaled companies from the product launch to >$100M ARR); deep track record of entrepreneurship.
- Reputation as a well-rounded executive with exceptional go-to-market and product instincts. Ability to bring sales, marketing, product and customer success together under common objectives.
- Inspiring, engaging people leader and communicator, able to set a vision and gain followership. Experienced in building relationships with decision-makers that positively impact the business
- Financial and operational knowledge of the broader capital markets ecosystem, regulations, policy and procedures that affect Figure.
- Ability to harness data to drive and proactively modify a strategic playbook to implement accountability in forecasts and determine activities required to generate pipeline and velocity to achieve results.
- Exceptional leader and action-oriented self-starter who can set strategy and drive execution with a “roll up the sleeves” approach; capable of driving a collaborative, productive culture in the start-up world.
- Passionate about building high achieving businesses and teams.
- Articulate and clear communicator; a strong storyteller that is able to successfully communicate the company’s vision.
- Someone that will lead with the utmost alignment with Figure’s values (Mission Driven, Entrepreneurial, Transparent, Positive Energy).
- Someone that is able to build consensus and influence across all levels within the organization, including investors, potential clients, and external stakeholders.
- Creative problem-solver and conceptual thinker with an ability to understand and leverage detail-oriented and analytical issues as needed.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit with a track record of successfully partnering with founders and management teams in the past.
- High EQ / IQ paired with a low ego. Impeccable integrity and high ethical standards; values diversity, inclusion, and social good.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.