Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In three short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
More about our recent Figure Series D Announcement
Here's our Blockchain Business, Provenance Blockchain
You can also find Figure featured here:
About the Role
We are excited to be hiring for a Senior Back-End Software Engineer to join our Lending group, which is responsible for supporting existing applications such as HELOC, Personal Loans, and Mortgage, along with creating new standalone products that help scale our Provenance blockchain.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop and test high-performing, scalable applications in Kotlin
- Improve code structure and architecture, in service of testability and maintainability
- Write, co-write, and review design documentation; provide valuable insight during code reviews
- Drive innovative tech solutions adhering to iterative principles
- Originate, champion and execute on new ideas for projects
- Collaborate with project leads and other software engineers across multiple teams
- Work on software solutions that will transform the consumer lending and blockchain space
- Be a leader, use your voice, and apply your tech skills to solve real world problems
What We Look For
- BS/BA degree, Computer Science major preferred
- 5 + years engineering / development experience in a fast paced, agile environment
- Proficiency in Java or Kotlin, JVM based programming, and Kafka
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to succeed in a startup environment
- Ability to drive a project from concept to release
- Proficiency in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Familiarity with Iterative Software Development “If it’s not in production we aren’t iterating.”
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance-based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries
- Figure is unfortunately unable to provide sponsorship for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.