Figure is transforming the trillion-dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In three short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking, and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency, and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
More about our recent Figure Series D Announcement
Here's our Blockchain Business, Provenance
You can also find Figure featured here:
About the Role
We’re seeking a Back-End Software Engineer to architect and lead the build-out of microservices and middleware applications to support Figure’s blockchain-based Capital Markets platform, our online marketplace for trading digital securities.
What You’ll Do
- Support the design, development, and maintenance of high-performing, scalable applications in Kotlin
- Implement clear, concise, and tested code
- Perform code reviews and provide valuable insight to the team
- Improve the development experience at Figure by enhancing development tools, test coverage, and/or code structure.
- Drive innovative tech solutions adhering to iterative principles
- Originate, champion, and execute new ideas for projects
- Collaborate with project leads and other software engineers across multiple teams
- Work on software solutions that will transform the consumer lending and blockchain space
- Be a leader, use your voice, apply your tech skills to solve real-world problems
What We Look For
- BS/BA degree, Computer Science major preferred
- 2 + years of engineering/development experience in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Proficiency in at least one language, ideally Java, Kotlin or JVM based programming, Kafka, React preferred
- Proficiency in Java or Kotlin, JVM based programming, Kafka, React preferred
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to succeed in a startup environment
- Ability to drive a project from concept to release
- Proficiency in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Familiarity with Iterative Software Development “If it’s not in production we aren’t iterating.”
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance-based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- An employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance, and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In-office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75%
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understood the above notice.
Figure will NOT sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.