Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In three short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
About The Role
H Compliance leads the compliance team, assesses the firm’s compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm’s responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and oversee the compliance functions for Figure
- Lead a team of qualified compliance professionals
- Serve as Compliance resource for the building of new products and maintenance of existing lending and payments products, including conducting regulatory research as necessary, drafting disclaimers and disclosures, conducting testing, reviewing application flows and product processes
- Drive corrective action process across all lending products, including collaborating across business units to resolve and document issues
- Serve as the primary point of contact for regulatory examinations and inquiries, external audits, and third party diligence requests
- Partner with the Legal team on all components of product counseling
- Develop compliance risk assessments to address legal and regulatory risks for associated compliance programs
- Maintain the company’s Compliance Management System, including oversight of the following areas: policies and procedures; training; monitoring and testing; complaints; regulatory change management; vendor management; reporting; and Fair Lending.
What We Look For
- 10+ years of relevant experience at a bank, credit union, nonbank lender, and/or regulatory agency
- 5+ years experience leading and building teams
- Strong knowledge of state lending, BSA/AML, privacy and payments laws
- Strong operational abilities with an eye for optimizing and improving procedures
- Strong knowledge of control frameworks and the ability to design and evaluate effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes
- Ability to work cross-functionally with ease
- Exceptional communication skills, from novice to expert audiences and explanatory to advocacy circumstances
- Exceptional judgment and integrity
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.