Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In three short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
More about our recent Figure Series D Announcement
Here's our Blockchain Business, Provenance
You can also find Figure featured here:
About the Role
We’re seeking a Staff Software Engineer to help lead the development of features on Provenance, specifically integration with Ethereum. Provenance is our Blockchain team that powers Figure’s lending, banking and marketplace products and services. This is a unique opportunity to make high-visibility contributions on our open-source blockchain protocol, while directly driving a groundbreaking initiative in the blockchain ecosystem.
What You’ll Do
- Build the software bridge between our Provenance blockchain and Ethereum
- Define the token economic interplay between Provenance and Ethereum
- Design, develop and test high-performing, scalable software using Solidity, Go, and Rust for our distributed core blockchain
- Contribute to defining strategic direction, planning the roadmap, escalating issues, and synthesizing feedback to ensure team success
- Participates in the design review process, seeking and providing constructive feedback
- Build innovative tech solutions adhering to iterative principles
- Contributes to defining strategic direction, planning the roadmap, escalating issues, and synthesizing feedback to ensure team success.
- Participates in the design review process, seeking and providing constructive criticism.
- Originate, champion and execute on new ideas for projects
- Collaborate with project leads and other software engineers across multiple teams
- Work on software solutions that will transform the financial services and blockchain space
- Be a leader, use your voice, and apply your tech skills to solve real world problems
Technologies We Like and Use
- Kafka, PostgreSQL, and Kubernetes
What We Look For
- BS/BA degree, Computer Science major preferred
- 8+ years engineering / development experience in a fast paced, agile environment
- Advanced proficiency in Solidity and building decentralized DApps
- Experience with Java or Kotlin, JVM based programming, Golang, or Rust
- Understanding of the ERC-20 Token Standard and other related standards
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to succeed in a startup environment
- Ability to drive a project from concept to release
- Proficiency in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Familiarity with Iterative Software Development “If it’s not in production we aren’t iterating.”
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary
- Firm-wide performance based bonus
- Competitive stock options package
- Work from anywhere in the US
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, commuter benefits
- And much more to come!
Figure is unfortunately unable to provide sponsorship for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.