Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In three short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
About the Role
Each member of the Data Science team plays an integral part of what we are building at Figure. We rely on advanced techniques in machine learning, cloud platforms and big data to drive decisions across the organization. If you are interested in working with an impressive team of Data pros who collaborate and challenge each other, and want to solve interesting problems to propel the company’s growth, apply now!
What You’ll Get To Do
- Develop custom models and algorithms to apply to large datasets, as well as, processes for monitoring and analyzing their performance.
- Mine and analyze data from different resources, and use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, customer acquisition, underwriting and other business outcomes.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business decisions.
- Understand and apply proper risk framework to your analysis and modeling.
- Collaborate cross functionally to implement models and monitor outcomes.
What We Look For
- 8+ years of hands on Data Science experience building Models and partnering with stakeholders to make business decisions
- Credit and Risk modeling experience in consumer finance
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on translating real-life problems into a concrete model development strategy. Blend academic rigor with a sense of pragmatism for rapidly prototyping and delivering solutions.
- Experienced in using Python for analysis and modeling (TensorFlow is a big plus)
- Experience applying a wide range of statistical techniques to large data sets, and understanding their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience using web services (AWS, GCP), and distributed data/computing tools (Spark, Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure is unfortunately unable to provide sponsorship for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.