At Figure, we’re on a mission to transform financial services through blockchain, bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions.
Accomplishing this kind of transformation requires building really big things. And we understand that building big requires a creative, team oriented and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Figure team is comprised of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation. Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the Fintech space. Join us!
About the Role
Figure is looking for an experienced Mortgage Loan Closer to join our Operations team. In this role you will own the Mortgage Closing process and work cross functionally with Underwriting, Customer Operations and other processing teams. The Closer will focus on preparing and coordinating all final loan documentation for loan closings such as drawing loan documents, auditing loan files and lock confirmations, reviewing loan documents for funding and regulatory compliance, preparing collateral disclosures for shipment to investors, reviewing funding conditions, initiating funding requests with warehouse banks and communicating final funding figures to escrow.
What you’ll do
- Draw closing documents and engage escrow/title for closing coordination.
- Review all loan documents for correct signatures, notary information, title reports, escrow instructions, etc. and to maintain compliance with federal, state (wet and dry) and agency guidelines.
- Ensure underwriters have signed off on the file prior to doc and/or prior to fund.
- Prepare final loan documents for closing.
- Prepare and balance signing dates and figures with the closing agent.
- Audit initial application, disclosures and HMDA information for accuracy and completeness.
- Review CD and accurately detail all loan charges and prepare any documents required by the loan for funding.
- Accurately and completely review each file, release funding, and wire funds
- Prepare funding packages for warehouse lenders.
- Correct any errors or obtain any missing items to allow the loan to fund
- Be an effective communicator and collaborator to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information
What we look for
- 3+ years of mortgage industry experience in closing department
- Knowledge of funding guidelines and procedures for wet and dry states
- Experience with multiple investors and warehouse lines
- Ability to prioritize work and meet funding deadlines
- Experience with DU/LP, Conventional and FHA Loan Experience required
- Knowledge of FHA and Conventional purchase and refinance guidelines
- Exceptional customer service skills to work with external customers and cross functionally
- Ability to organize and manage a large pipeline of loans
- Analytical skills and drive to look for process improvements and ways to digitize and automate processes
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance based bonus
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- Paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, commuter benefits
- And much more to come!
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.