At Figure, we’re on a mission to transform financial services through blockchain, bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions.
Accomplishing this kind of transformation requires building really big things. And we understand that building big requires a creative, team oriented and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Figure team is comprised of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation. Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the Fintech space. Join us!
About the Role
Figure is looking for an experienced Loan Processor, Post Closing mortgage professional to join our Operations team. In this role you will own the mortgage post closing process from beginning to end and work cross functionally internally and externally representing Figure in any due diligence requests. The post-closing specialist will manage all investor inquiries related to the delivery and purchase of mortgage loan files, which includes collateral file setup, original note safekeeping, managing of recorded deed of trust / note, managing/shipping of final title policies, delivery of loan files for investor purchase, clearing investor conditions and managing of post purchase trailing documents.
Join this innovative team and make a big impact!
What you’ll do
- Partner with customer operations and processing to ensure a smooth post close mortgage process
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers
- Be process focused and continuously look for opportunities for improvements and efficiencies
- Work independently to prioritize work based on investor delivery expiration and closing dates
- Stack and audit files according to investor/client guidelines including FHA or VA loans
- Monitor closing packages and/or check credit packages into proprietary system that were received for shipping
- Register loans with MERS within required turn times and transfer as appropriate on service release loans
- Facilitate investor suspense items to expedite the purchase process for our client including making outbound calls, sending emails and researching.
- Cure exceptions by contacting title companies, brokers, appraisers, etc.
- Obtain and submit supporting documentation to clear suspense conditions (internal and Investor) by deadline in order to minimize monetary penalties for the client
- Review original closing documents to ensure they were properly executed.
- Follow up on, review, request corrections on all trailing documents.
What we look for:
- 2+ years in residential mortgage lending including Loan Processing with Post Closing experience preferred
- Experience with Purchase Clearing and Government Insuring is a plus
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment with little direction and meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to provide professional and concise communications with cross functionally and resolve any issues including suspense conditions within response deadlines
- Exceptional customer service skills to work with external customers and cross functionally
- Ability to organize and manage a large pipeline of loans
- Analytical skills and drive to look for process improvements and ways to digitize and automate processes
- In depth knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, GNMA, FHA, and private investor products
- Thorough understanding of Federal and State regulations including but not limited to FHA/VA and Conventional guidelines, RESPA, TILA, HOEPA, and QM.
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide bonus target
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- Paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, commuter benefits
- And much more to come!
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.