“It was all a dream, I used to read Word Up! Magazine Salt-n-Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine…”
Is blockchain real or just a figment of people’s imagination? Come help us discover the next great technology revolution…
At Figment, our mission is to create an Internet that is truly decentralized where users can freely interact, share, collaborate, and exchange goods and services in a trustless environment. We offer staking, middleware, and application layer solutions for token holders and developers investing in and building on Web 3 technologies. Together, we can build a better Internet.
As a Senior Data Engineer at Figment, you will be responsible for designing and creating scalable data pipelines to power our developer products. You will be leading a small team of data engineers and data scientists to create large scale systems and collect the data necessary to understanding customer behavior, designing better products, and helping customers understand their apps’ activity. You will work directly with the product, marketing, engineering, and sales team to ensure their data needs are covered.
- Coordinate with data scientists, data analysts, software developers and product managers to design and evolve our existing architecture, improving the reliability and performance of our data infrastructure.
- Build, troubleshoot and scale high traffic distributed systems processing millions of requests per second in real time
- Develop and maintain reliable ETL pipelines to help power analytical needs
- Lead the data engineering and data science team and establish priorities based on organizational needs
- Evangelize data-driven decision making across the organization through data expertise
- 6+ years relevant experience in data engineering or data science
- Experience with AWS ecosystem, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Proficient in Go, Ruby and/or Python
- Ability to lead a team and set its priorities
- Experience building developer-facing products and services a plus
- Blockchain expertise a plus
Benefits & Impact
- A culture of honesty, professionalism and risk taking in a “non corporate environment”
- Remote first teams working flexible hours
- Equity and bonus potential
At Figment, our mission is to support the adoption, growth and long term success of the Web 3 ecosystem. This is Figment’s unique approach: we make it simple to build on the next generation of blockchain technology.
We provide enterprise grade node and staking infrastructure and developer tools while also actively participating in community & governance.