“It was all a dream, I used to read Word Up! Magazine Salt-n-Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine…”
Is blockchain real or just a figment of people’s imagination? Come help us discover the next great technology revolution…
At Figment, our mission is to create an Internet that is truly decentralized where users can freely interact, share, collaborate, and exchange goods and services in a trustless environment. We offer staking, middleware, and application layer solutions for token holders and developers investing in and building on Web 3 technologies. Together, we can build a better Internet.
We are looking for a highly driven, proactive Intermediate Accountant who is excited about helping pave the way for crypto accounting. The position offers a considerable opportunity to have a large impact within a hypergrowth and evolving organization.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, Intermediate Accountant will work closely with Sr. Accountant to help streamline accounting processes and procedures and manage day-to-day accounting and finance functions. The ideal candidate is a problem solver, enjoys working in a dynamic environment, taking on new technical accounting challenges and is excited about the opportunity to navigate the complexities of crypto accounting.
- Prepare and maintain month end schedules
- Review coding of bills and expense reports posted by General Accountant and reconcile accounts to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Reconcile credit cards and assist with crypto accounts reconciliation
- Assist with various tasks for efficient month end close
- Assist with management reporting and budget preparation
- Assist with audit prep and income tax filings
- Prepare and file GST/HST returns
- Ensure proper recordkeeping of all posted transactions
- Be the point of contact for day-to-day accounting/finance inquiries
- Assist with implementation of new systems and processes
- Support ad-hoc projects and analysis, as needed and implement best practices
- Other ad-hoc projects and duties as assigned
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a multi-currency environment
- US GAAP knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Tech-savvy and excited about new technologies
- Familiarity with and interest in the blockchain space
- Experience working with a heavy volume of data from multiple sources
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of PoS-based blockchain landscape is an asset
Benefits & Impact
- A culture of honesty, professionalism and risk taking in a “non corporate environment”
- Remote first teams working flexible hours
- Equity and bonus potential
At Figment, our mission is to support the adoption, growth and long term success of the Web 3 ecosystem. This is Figment’s unique approach: we make it simple to build on the next generation of blockchain technology.
We provide enterprise grade node and staking infrastructure and developer tools while also actively participating in community & governance.