“It was all a dream, I used to read Word Up! Magazine Salt-n-Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine…”
Is blockchain real or just a figment of people’s imagination? Come help us discover the next great technology revolution…
At Figment, our mission is to create an Internet that is truly decentralized where users can freely interact, share, collaborate, and exchange goods and services in a trustless environment. We offer staking, middleware, and application layer solutions for token holders and developers investing in and building on Web 3 technologies. Together, we can build a better Internet.
Figment is creating the command center for developers interacting with Web 3. As a Web Application Developer, you will focus on integrating new blockchain protocols and services into our DataHub platform, and you will build tools that will complement the access and visibility to those protocols. Your work in this role will help developers unlock the full potential of Web 3 protocols by making them more accessible and more usable.
- You can communicate clearly in writing (we're a highly async company)
- You are able to solve complex design, scaling, and performance problems in high-throughput, low-latency systems
- You have experience working with product managers and UX designers to refine and iterate on product designs
- You can learn new technologies quickly and lead app development from architectural design to deployment and maintenance
- You work well in an autonomous role and are pragmatic in your approach to software engineering
- You are comfortable working at a remote-first company
- Design, build, and maintain highly scalable and reliable applications, APIs, and services
- Contribute to the design and documentation of the DataHub system architecture
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues across services and multiple layers of the stack
- Maintain a high level of code quality and testing
- Design and build developer tools on top of DataHub protocols and services
- Collaborate regularly with the team across CEST and EST timezones
What you could be working on
- Our internal administration app for DataHub is always in need of improvements, with focus on usability, observability, and security.
- Building internal APIs for our DevOps team to automate DataHub services provisioning and maintenance.
- Designing and developing DataHub add-ons and integrating them into back end and third-party systems.
- Improving the developer tooling in DataHub such as monitoring, notifications, and flexible logs searching/filtering.
- Professional experience developing with Ruby / Rails
- Experience building production web applications with service-oriented architectures
- Good understanding of Software Engineering patterns and best practices
- Good written and spoken English communication skills
- Experience with Kong Gateway or other highly-available proxy solutions
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and docker-based environments
- Working knowledge of decentralized network solutions (blockchains, storage, identity)
Benefits & Impact
- A culture of honesty, professionalism and risk taking in a “non corporate environment”
- Remote first teams working flexible hours
- Equity and bonus potential
At Figment, our mission is to support the adoption, growth and long term success of the Web 3 ecosystem. This is Figment’s unique approach: we make it simple to build on the next generation of blockchain technology.
We provide enterprise grade node and staking infrastructure and developer tools while also actively participating in community & governance.