Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, design and build better products — from start to finish. Whether it’s consolidating tools, simplifying workflows, or collaborating across teams and time zones, Figma makes the design process faster, more efficient, and fun while keeping everyone on the same page. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
Teamwork is a full stack web engineering group building the features that enable companies of all sizes to successfully adopt, manage, collaborate, and create in Figma Design and FigJam, from two-person teams to the Fortune 500. This includes (but is not limited to) ownership of core surface areas like our search and file browsing capability, security and access platform, customer lifecycle (billing and payments) systems, and/or in-product notifications. As an engineer on Teamwork, the work you’ll do will have lasting and outsized impact on Figma as a successful business, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to both leverage your existing strengths and learn new skills as the team grows and takes on new challenges.
The Explore team owns Figma’s logged-in user home page experience at Figma.com. Explore is responsible for helping users create and manage their design and FigJam files, discover and connect with ideas, and collaborate while gaining inspiration from each other. This is an opportunity to own a core product surface for the company, help the team tackle difficult and nuanced performance and product problems, and improve the day-to-day experience for many engineers building on top of the space.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you'll do at Figma:
- Take an inclusive approach to managing, supporting, and growing a team of full-stack oriented product engineers who own Figma’s collaborative platform.
- Partner with other cross-functional leaders to set strategy, priorities, and mission for the Explore team
- Work closely with Product, Research, Design, and Data to build the foundation for our product offerings
- Establish trust within and across teams by creating accountability and a positive work environment in partnership with other leaders in the organization
- Maintain a technical desk via code reviews, driving architectural decisions, or aligning stakeholders
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years of professional experience managing and externally scaling high output fullstack engineering teams
- 6+ years of professional fullstack experience shipping features and/or products in high growth environments
- Demonstrated experience communicating and collaborating regularly and effectively with designers, PMs, engineers, and stakeholders beyond your team (or org) to drive solutions
- Experience in and a dedication to and building an equitable culture of belonging, impact, growth, and learning
While it’s not required, it’s an added plus if you also have:
- Experience leading multiple teams that include senior IC engineers
- Individual contributor or leadership experience driving a product’s main home feed/UI redesign
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future. You may view our Pay Transparency Policy by clicking on the corresponding link.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace - we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.