Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, design and build better products — from start to finish. Whether it’s consolidating tools, simplifying workflows, or collaborating across teams and time zones, Figma makes the design process faster, more efficient, and fun while keeping everyone on the same page. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We prefer to receive applications on RippleMatch. You'll be able to see all of our Early Career roles and apply to any of them from there!
As a Product Design intern at Figma, you will own real impactful projects and take them from ideation to execution. You will work fluidly and collaboratively with your mentor, the rest of the design team, as well as other functions. Because of this, you should have a broad set of design skills and be motivated to learn. Over the course of the summer, you’ll have the opportunity to ship meaningful contributions to both the company and the product.
Learn more about the Figma design team:
What you'll do at Figma:
- Own the design from start to finish for impactful features that ship quickly
- Collaborate with product, research, marketing, and other functions to identify user and business needs
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Create flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Participate in weekly design critiques
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A demonstrated baseline in visual design and/or interaction design skills
- Experience shipping projects with good product strategy and visual design
- An ability to express ideas through prototyping and code
- An eagerness to learn and a demonstrated self-starting initiative
While it’s not required, it’s an added plus if you also have:
- An interest in design tools and design systems
- An aptitude or interest in systems thinking and information architecture
- Knowledge of the building blocks of a design tool or similar aspects of other creative tools
Past intern projects:
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Pay Transparency Disclosure
This internship role has the monthly stipend stated below. Figma also offers interns a housing stipend and travel reimbursement. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future. You may view our Pay Transparency Policy by clicking on the corresponding link.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace - we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.