Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
As Figma’s People Ops Associate you’ll be a key player in building processes and programs to support our People Operations strategy during a dynamic and high growth phase. You’ll leverage your extraordinary attention to detail to support day to day operations for the employee lifecycle (onboarding to offboarding) while providing excellent support to Figmates globally.
If you’re excited about growing your People Operations experience in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment by supporting and improving all People functions, then this might be the role for you!
This is a full time based in France within our Paris hub.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Act as an initial point of contact for a wide range of questions for Figmates in Europe (France, UK, Germany, Sweden, Netherlands) covering topics including benefits, visas, onboarding, orientation events, new hires and People systems
- Be the main point of contact for all administrative and HR related matters in France and liaise with any external parties as required (URSAFF, Medical checks, Pole Emploi, Payroll provider etc) as well as internal (Legal, Finance, other HR functions).
- Set up elections for the French CSE (works council) and administrate governance of the CSE
- Collaborate with our Workplace to guarantee adherence with governance on Health and Safety related matters
- Assist the People Partner on any Employee Relations issues in France (such as investigations, performance management, disciplinary procedures)
- Manage global onboarding and offboarding processes including HR system workflows, background checks, I-9s, and communication with new hires
- Lead first day orientation sessions for new hires
- Process a variety of employment-related changes within our HRIS system (Workday) including employee status changes, pay changes, job changes, and leaves of absence
- Maintain data integrity in our HR systems with a high level of accuracy and confidentiality to ensure compliance with global regulations
- Coordinate with Global Immigration team to manage EMEA immigration cases
- Manage benefit enrollments and leaves of absence
- Working with People Operations to maintain security, process and documentation for audits
- Assist with special projects including learning & development, compensation, performance, and DEI
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in HR Generalist role for a French legal entity including CSE election and administration; some international experience preferred
- Strong mastery of written and verbal English language
- Experience working in HR/People Teams as an Associate or Generalist, preferably in a startup environment
- Love for building and implementing HR processes during a time of high growth with a creative/ optimistic approach to your work
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills along with high attention to detail
- Experience with HRIS & ATS systems (bonus if you have used Greenhouse and Workday)
- Strong follow-up/follow-through skills, and ability to anticipate potential issues/know when to escalate
- A roll up your sleeves mentality with excitement to research and learn what you don’t know
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.