Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
As Figma’s new Director, Workplace and Employee Experience, you’ll have a huge impact on Figma’s greatest asset--its people. This hands-on, lead-by-example role will have you partnering with teams across the business to design Figma’s in-person and virtual experiences. Alongside this team, you’ll provide an extraordinary customer service experience to fellow Figmates, and will deeply understand their needs to deliver the right solutions.
You’ll work hand-in-hand with our VP of Workplace & Real Estate to manage workplace expansion and develop the vision, strategy and roadmap for the growing workplace team. Overall, you’ll be instrumental in our space and capacity planning strategies, and you’ll draw on your extensive knowledge of facilities and vendor management to drive operational process improvement. You take a creative and optimistic approach to the multitude of challenges a growing company faces and generally think “why not?” instead of just “why?”. You love to laugh at the everyday challenges that make Workplace such a rewarding department to run.
This is a full-time, hybrid role based in our San Francisco hub.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Lead a team of creative, driven individuals to create best-in-class workplace experiences for employees, candidates, and visitors
- Partner closely with VP of Workplace on office space expansion/growth and technology roll-outs/upgrades--balancing employee experience and budgetary requirements
- Drive the employee experience calendar through company events throughout the year, keeping inclusion and belonging top of mind with every project
- Own numerous internal employee experience programs, from employee swag to thoughtful and creative anniversary celebrations and ensure that our remote employee population has the tools to be productive, successful, and involved
- Implement vendor selection guidelines, manage vendor service contracts, periodic and ongoing performance & financial reviews, conduct RFP's, and monitor the performance of the team, including service providers.
- Oversee and execute on-target financial budget of various sites; partner with Finance to track monthly and quarterly metrics.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 8+ years of workplace, facilities, or office management experience; remote/global experience a big plus
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Leadership in experience design and/or culture-building programs
- Superb people management skills—you’ve led and developed teams before
- Excellent prioritization chops—you can distinguish between the important and urgent, and know-how to appropriately tackle each challenge
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Ability to handle unexpected changes and challenges with poise and collaborative mindset
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.