Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re looking for an experienced Sales Enablement Manager to support our growing leads team globally. This is a unique opportunity to define the leads component of our Sales Enablement program from the ground up, working primarily with sales leadership and our cross functionally to get this off the ground.
This is a full-time role that can be held from one of our EMEA hubs (London, Paris, or Berlin)
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with our global leadership team to brainstorm, design and build a bespoke program for our Sales management team.
- Continuously measure and improve on our onboarding program to make each new class more successful than the last
- Build out processes and a communication strategy to support sales managers, ensuring they’re equipped with everything they need to onboard, coach, and win business with their teams
- Partner with Product Marketing to share insights garnered from the field to enable a cascading rollout of new marketing collateral and other essential product information
- Conceptualize and assist with driving ongoing learning initiatives for a variety of roles and segments
- Assist with large-scale Enablement programming, especially Sales Kickoff and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Collaborate on creating stronger content for our internal programming by partnering with key stakeholders, specifically Sales leadership, HR Business Partners and L+D
- Approach problem solving from the lens of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging, and influence program building and hiring
- Explore creative projects to make Figma’s Sales Enablement team more inclusive, innovative, and impactful
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 7+ years of field management experience, sales management experience, or other relevant management experience
- Ability to represent complex concepts in a way that sales professionals can absorb and apply
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Familiarity working with executives and managers, specifically with an aptitude for influence and leading with the “art of the possible”
- Ability to adjust curriculum or delivery of content based on different learning styles and personalities
- Creative and positive mindset with deep level of care in helping others succeed
- Proven history of running Enablement projects and experience with Learning Management Systems
- A collaborative working style, with experience working across the company and building consensus with teams of varied size to achieve common goals
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Localizing onboarding for our London, Paris, and Berlin hubs
- Strategizing on what onboarding could look like in any new markets Figma expands into
- Conceptualizing community-building programming to ensure Figma’s sales culture continues to thrive at scale
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.