Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Provide an amazing employee experience by supporting our almost entirely Mac environment with on-site support in our office
- Triage tickets and help resolve day-to-day IT issues
- Lead our onboarding efforts to ensure new hires have minimal issues getting set up on their first day
- Assist the team with automations to streamline processes and create more bandwidth for other projects
- Help Figmates be more productive by procuring and maintaining computers / peripherals
- Develop creative solutions for IT challenges (like returning to office after being fully remote and navigating supply chain constraints)
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 2 years experience in IT Support roles.
- Familiarity managing our SaaS applications such as Okta, Google Workspace, Jamf, Slack, Fresh Service, Zoom and Zoom Rooms among others
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, grit in the face of constant change, and ability to prioritize high demands
- OSX and Mac hardware troubleshooting experience
- Motivation to take on high-level tasks and tinker with complex issues
- An ability to evaluate, design and implement new processes as well as improve existing processes
- A customer service oriented mindset that loves working with others and willing to go the extra mile to help Figmates
- A passion for learning, collaborating with others, and doing new things in a fast-paced environment
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.