Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
As a Product Design intern at Figma, you will own real impactful projects and take them from ideation to execution. You will work fluidly and collaboratively with the rest of the design team as well as other functions. Because of this, you should have a broad set of design skills and be motivated to learn. Over the course of the summer, you’ll have the opportunity to ship meaningful contributions to both the company and the product.
You will have a mentor who will work one-on-one with you to make your internship as impactful as possible. You will also get a ton of exposure to the greater design community—we're always meeting with other designers and design teams. You’ll get to understand what design looks like at all sorts of companies.
This internship will take place during Summer 2023.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Own the design from start to finish for impactful features that ship quickly
- Collaborate with product, research, marketing, and other functions to identify user and business needs
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Create flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Get the opportunity to meet with our users—other designers and design team
Past intern projects
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A strong baseline in visual design and/or interaction design skills
- Interest in design tools and design systems
- An eagerness to learn and a track record for being self-driven
- Ship projects—either through past internships or other experiences
- Can express ideas through prototyping and code
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.