Join the innovative team at Fifth Gait Technologies and become an integral part of our fast-paced, industry-leading company. We specialize in designing and executing tests of microelectronics and electro-optics in nuclear and space radiation environments. We support multiple DoD programs directly with the government as well as supporting prime contractors. We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated Lead Electrical Engineer to work with our team as an innovator and future leader in the industry.
Our Culture: Fifth Gait Technologies is a fast growing, small company making a big impact in the Defense and civilian aerospace community. At Fifth Gait, you can be part of a team that works together for common goals and celebrates the success of the team and the individual. In the family atmosphere of our company, we hold high standards of conduct where professionalism and fairness are keys to our success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on engineering design and test experience, preferred
- Required: the eligibility to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
- Provide technical leadership of projects, overseeing and executing all electrical engineering aspects, and working with program management to meet requirements, cost, and schedule
- Communicate clearly and professionally with customers, both written and verbally
- Act as technical expert within the electrical engineering function, advising and coaching subordinates to resolve technical problems
- Review and ensure quality of all technical deliverables
- Foster creativity and innovation in design solutions
- Provide direction and guidance for detailed design and analysis of electronics testing activities
- Continually learn and grow in the understanding of electronics testing and in the physics of radiation effects
- Designing electrical schematics and PCB layouts with KiCAD
- Benchtop electrical test equipment operation
- Working with microcontrollers, FPGAs, embedded programming
- Programming with Python
- Programming with Hardware Description Languages (HDL) such as Verilog or VHDL
- Mixed signal design and high-speed data acquisition experience
- Experience working with the DoD and prime defense contractors is a plus
- Working experience with radiation test facilities and/or nuclear physics is a plus
Our Benefits: Fifth Gait offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including:
- Employer paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- Annual bonuses
- 401k Program with employer match and profit sharing
- 11 paid holidays
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Employer paid life, ADD, short-term, and long-term disability insurance premiums
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition/Training Reimbursement
Who We Are: Fifth Gait Technologies, Inc. is a minority woman-owned small business founded in 2007. With our team of subject matter experts, we are an industry leader in all aspects of radiation survivability for ground and space-based Defense systems. From modeling and simulation of radiation environments and effects to the design, test, and evaluation of sensors, electronics, and optical materials, we provide turnkey options to the survivability community. With laboratory facilities in Colorado Springs, CO and Huntsville, AL, our team of engineers and scientists are developing solutions to industry challenges.
Salary range for this position: $140,000-$175,000. Salary will be commensurate with experience.