Join Fifth Gait Technologies and become an integral part of our innovative industry-leading company. We specialize in testing microelectronics and electro-optics in nuclear and space radiation environments in support of Defense programs. We are looking for a Signal & Image Processing Engineer to join our team in support of infrared focal plane testing.
WHO WE ARE: Fifth Gait Technologies, Inc. is a minority, woman-owned small business. With our team of subject matter experts, we are an industry leader in all aspects of space and nuclear radiation survivability for ground and space-based Defense and commercial assets. From modeling and simulation of radiation environments and effects to the design, test, and evaluation of sensors, electronics, and optical materials, we provide turnkey options to the survivability community.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics or related field, advanced degree is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Required: the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
- Apply signal and image processing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems including automating data analysis, characterize focal plane arrays, develop new and improved data analysis techniques.
- Perform design/analysis of image processing algorithms employing image enhancement, detection, and correlation techniques
- Design algorithms for scene/target signal or image enhancement and scene image correlation for both resolved and unresolved applications.
- Develop, model, and test algorithms in MATLAB.
- Analyze results from simulation or real data to identify root causes and trends.
- Apply statistical methods to ensure results are complete and accurate.
- Work effectively with embedded software engineers to ensure algorithms are appropriately implemented and verified.
- Develop test plans and document results in test report.
- Strong image and signal processing design skills utilizing C++ and MATLAB.
- Experience working with MATLAB and C++ simulations using collected data and synthetic data.
- Strong math skills used in simulation development experience.
- Understanding of signal processing for analog and digital systems.
- Understanding of image processing techniques.
- Produce reports documenting methods and reasoning, choice of methods selected, and results with error analysis.
LOCATION: Colorado Springs, CO
OUR BENEFITS: Fifth Gait offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, annual bonuses, and a retirement plan including company matching.
SALARY RANGE: $100,000-$150,000. Salary will be commensurate with experience.