Join Fifth Gait Technologies and become an integral part of our innovative industry-leading company. We specialize in testing microelectronics and electro-optics in nuclear and space radiation environments in support of Defense programs. We are looking for a Focal Plane Software Developer to join our team in support of infrared focal plane testing.
WHO WE ARE: Fifth Gait Technologies, Inc. is a minority, woman-owned small business. With our team of subject matter experts, we are an industry leader in all aspects of space and nuclear radiation survivability for ground and space-based Defense and commercial assets. From modeling and simulation of radiation environments and effects to the design, test, and evaluation of sensors, electronics, and optical materials, we provide turnkey options to the survivability community.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or other STEM discipline, advanced degree is a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- Required: the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
- Provide software development creating application and user friendly GUI’s for infrared sensor image processing, image simulation, optical ray tracing, and other related areas
- Apply basic mathematics, statistical methods, and engineering methods to develop models or simulations, conduct data analysis, design signal processing algorithms, or other technical tasks
- Formation and analysis of imagery products, development of advanced signal processing tools for image understanding and imagery exploitation, and the integration of data from multiple sources to enhance understanding.
- Programming, algorithm development, design and execution of Electro-Optic computational models & simulations, and analysis of results
- Develop computational tools for optical path ray tracing
- Participate in laboratory work, collecting and analyzing sensor data
- Additional tasks include defining software and system interfaces, system integration and testing, and support experiments and demonstrations
- Software development/implementation experience in C, C++, Python, and Matlab
- Fundamental understanding of infrared and visible optical device physics and materials
- Knowledge of geometrical optics, illumination and imaging system, and color science
- A basic knowledge of digital signal processing
- Basic understanding of Focal Plane Arrays and the associated electronics
- Proven ability to use analytical thinking and systematic solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills are required
LOCATION: Colorado Springs, CO
OUR BENEFITS: Fifth Gait offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, annual bonuses, and a retirement plan including company matching.