Join Fifth Gait Technologies and become an integral part of our innovative industry-leading company. We specialize in testing microelectronics and electro-optics in nuclear and space radiation environments in support of Defense programs. We are looking for Electrical Engineers to join our team in support of radiation effects testing of microelectronic devices.
WHO WE ARE: Fifth Gait Technologies, Inc. is a minority woman-owned small business. With our team of subject matter experts, we are an industry leader in all aspects of space and nuclear radiation survivability for ground and space-based Defense and commercial assets. From modeling and simulation of radiation environments and effects to the design, test, and evaluation of sensors, electronics, and optical materials, we provide turnkey options to the survivability community. We focus on rapidly designing and executing tests for customers on a time scale measured in weeks, not years.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field, advanced degree is a plus
- Minimum of 2 year of experience
- Required: the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
- Design, assemble and test circuit boards used for evaluation of microelectronics
- Perform radiation effects testing of microelectronic devices at both on-site and off-site radiation test facilities
- Develop test plans and test reports for radiation testing
- Creating electrical schematics and circuit board layouts using KiCAD or other industry standard PCB tools
- Benchtop testing and debugging of circuit boards
- Working with microcontrollers, FPGAs, embedded programming
- Basic programming with Python and/or C/C++
- Hardware Description Languages (HDL) such as Verilog or VHDL
- Embedded systems design, analysis, and testing
- Mixed signal design and high-speed data acquisition experience
- Working experience with radiation test facilities and/or nuclear physics a plus
LOCATION: Colorado Springs, CO
OUR BENEFITS: Fifth Gait offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, annual bonuses, and a retirement plan including company matching.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$90,000