If you want to accelerate your career growth and are passionate about applying your expertise to solve problems of national importance, then we have the job you are looking for! Not only will you be able to achieve your personal and professional goals but you will do it in a stable environment that emphasizes and rewards the entrepreneurial spirit!
For example, take the project we’re now working on: it involves modeling of nuclear weapon environments and their effects on military systems. Areas of emphasis include radiation transport, plasma physics, atmospheric and ionospheric chemistry, electromagnetic phenomena, and magnetohydrodynamics.
If you’re interested, here’s what year one is all about. For a Scientist, this is the stuff of dreams-doing research that makes a difference.
- Use your in-depth knowledge of computational physics, including computational fluid dynamics, magnetohydrodynamics, radiation hydrodynamics and other highly impressive skills of yours to develop physical models and algorithms in 1 year that capture nuclear effects over a range of temperature, spatial and temporal scales.
- Use Fortran or C++, Visual Studio, MS Office Applications and software configuration management to contribute to software development, system simulation and analysis. You’ll be working closely with a collaborative team so your team player personality and excellent written/oral communication skills will be essential.
- You will participate in improving the process for developing military standards, this will be challenging, and that’s why your hands-on approach to problem solving will stand-out.
- Customers will rely on your support so demonstrating your experience in this field along with your past contributions to business development and marketing will be essential.
If you can accomplish the above, you’ve got what it takes. Realistically though, you need a MS in a science or engineering field relevant to nuclear weapons effects. If you have a PhD on top of this, you’ll be able to accelerate your effectiveness and impact.
Hands-on knowledge of software development, testing and verification with Fortran or C++ and a demonstrated knowledge of principles, concepts, techniques of analysis and methodologies related to nuclear weapons effects that you’ve gained in your 2–5 years of military system operations and/or nuclear weapons effects experience will be essential and we’d love to hear about this experience!
Due to the work you’ll perform and interactions with intelligence community and DoD programs you will need to be eligible to apply for and hold a US security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment). However if you have held an Active Secret clearance within the last two years we want to talk to you!
While this is all of the Year One and Beyond stuff, Day One is pretty good too. Fifth Gait Technologies provides excellent compensation and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks vacation per year
- Eleven paid holidays
- Periodic bonuses
- Simple IRA with company match of 100% on all your contributions each year up to a maximum of 3% of your annual income.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance provided by Fifth Gait Technologies as well as Life, Disability, and ADD Insurance at no cost to the employee.
If you desire a career with a company that provides a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies and testing and measurement then this position in Nashua, NH will be perfect for you.