Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
What’s in it for you?
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
There are plenty of jobs out there. The question is whether any of them will help you grow in your career? Will you be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential? Or are they roles that will ask you to do more of what you've already mastered. At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
Impact In This Role
What are the key milestones of this role and what is the added value of this role to the organization? Instead of listing out a set of desired experience, this is an opportunity to further describe the role and the functions of the role. Research shows that women are unlikely to apply for a position unless they meet 100 percent of the requirements, while men will apply if they meet 60 percent of the requirements.
Please upload your CV in PDF and Word format
You will report to the Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
What You’ll Be Doing
- Onboarding new manufacturing partners – in collaboration with Fictiv’s Strategic Sourcing Team you will ensure that prospective manufacturing partners are effectively assessed for their ability to dependably deliver quality parts, on time to the customer’s needs
- Development of existing manufacturing partners – responsible for the following areas of development:
- Establishing processes to meet customer-specific requirements
- Establishing control plans to build quality in
- Using Fictiv’s supplier maturity model and manufacturing partner scorecards to plan improvement activities
- Nonconformance resolution with manufacturing partners – coach manufacturing partners in effective root cause analysis, and the execution of robust corrective and preventive actions
- Continuous improvement – in addition to the activities with individual manufacturing partners above, you will:
- Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing to strengthen the network of manufacturing partners, including disseminating best practices
- Improve Fictiv’s quality management system to give customers confidence that we have robust processes for the management of manufacturing partners
- Work with your counterparts in China and the US to standardize on best practices and leverage lessons learned
- Although our Supplier Quality Engineers’ priority is developing Manufacturing Partners so Fictiv ultimately doesn’t need to perform inspection, as necessary, you’ll perform inspections on-site at our Manufacturing partners for high risk orders
- Customer advocacy - representing the voice of the customer at manufacturing partners
Preferred Qualifications and Traits
- 7 years of experience working with suppliers preferably in mechanical parts
- You are a results-oriented, self-directed SQE who uses a process approach when collaborating with manufacturing partners for win-win solutions to issues
- Expertise in the ability to read and comprehend part prints with a detailed understanding of GD&T fundamentals. And skilled with the use of, at a minimum, various forms of hand metrology and inspection methodologies to ensure conformance to specifications. Knowledge of CMM operation would be beneficial
- Although developing good relationships with manufacturing partners is essential, you will be very comfortable holding them accountable whenever necessary
- You have a record of data-based decision making, demonstrating the ability to make timely decisions with limited data that is available
- Your excellent verbal and written communication skills allow you to collaborate successfully with manufacturing partners at all levels in their organization as well as working with customers remotely and face-to-face
- Since you will be working remotely, often at manufacturing partners’ sites, your time management and organizational skills will drive efficient and effective work behaviors
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- You will have a good knowledge of quality management system requirements such as ISO 9001:2015
Interested in learning more? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.