Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
What’s in it for you?
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
There are plenty of jobs out there. The question is whether any of them will help you grow in your career? Will you be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential? Or are they roles that will ask you to do more of what you've already mastered. At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
Impact In This Role
Your role as a Manufacturing Engineer will be to support and drive improvement to our critical manufacturing functions. We have two sets of customers—our builders, who order parts through us, and our manufacturing partners, who manufacture and assemble these parts—and you’ll be consistently working at the interface between the two. At Fictiv, we believe in creating the world’s premier platform for hardware manufacturing, and you’ll be playing a critical role in making that happen
In your role as the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be reviewing and analyzing the manufacturability and costs associated with fabrication (including CNC machining, injection molding, urethane casting, and other manufacturing processes) submitted by our builders. In this role, you’ll also be using your Mechanical Engineering background and knowledge of manufacturing processes in order to determine what design changes may need to be made to our builders’ design specifications in order to meet their needs. By developing highly competitive proposals and quotations that meet the requirements called out by our customers, you will be assisting in bringing products to market faster in a wide range of industries (and helping to accelerate Fictiv’s growth).
Please upload your CV in PDF and Word format
What You’ll Be Doing
- Release Package Review – Analyze models, drawings, parts lists, and other data to determine scope of work, feasibility for manufacturing, manufacturing requirements, and minimum lead time.
- Quoting – Combine your analysis with Fictiv’s software recommendations to generate quotes for builders, or collaborate with external suppliers to determine necessary quoting parameters.
- Calculator Generation – Use your fabrication expertise and understanding of process cost drivers to develop cost calculators that allow for Fictiv to bring quoting in-house for new service offerings.
- DFx Feedback – Provides DFx feedback to builders, such as recommended design alterations to improve manufacturability, reduce cost of part fabrication, or improve ease of assembly.
- Automation Feedback – Provide feedback to the quoting software team to improve accuracy of automated quoting of our manufacturing services.
- Drawing Generation – Generation of high-quality 2D drawings per ANSI/ASME Y14.5 standards.
- Meticulous, detail oriented, inclination for documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision
- Enjoys sharing knowledge and teaching others about manufacturing processes
- 4-year Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent technical training
- Understanding of GD&T and conventional (coordinate) tolerancing
- Knowledge of manufacturability, and limitations, of common metals and plastics
- Exposure to multiple custom mechanical manufacturing processes (CNC machining, injection molding, urethane casting, etc…)
Interested in learning more? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.