Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
What’s in it for you?
List at least two comparative wins for this role over another that someone might consider. Example follows.
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
There are plenty of sales jobs out there. The question is whether any of them will help you grow in your career? Will you be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential? Or are they roles that will ask you to do more of what you've already mastered. At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
Impact in this Role
What are the key milestones of this role and what is the added value of this role to the organization? Instead of listing out a set of desired experience, this is an opportunity to further describe the role and the functions of the role. Research shows that women are unlikely to apply for a position unless they meet 100 percent of the requirements, while men will apply if they meet 60 percent of the requirements.
You will report to the [fill in manager’s role].
What You’ll Be Doing
What You’ll Be Doing
- Negotiation - Negotiation of terms of relationship (e.g. Master Supply Agreements, Capacity Service Level Agreements) with our strategic Manufacturing Partners that focuses on growing monthly revenue and job count, as well as improving quality and delivery performance.
- Programs to Maximize Engagement - Propose and oversee the implementation of partnerships and programs to empower the growth of our partners and drive greater engagement within our digital manufacturing ecosystem.
- Collaborating with our Manufacturing Partners to improve their internal business processes and the speed at which they can turn around manufacturing jobs.
- Agile Onboarding / Growth Processes - oversee the development of agile, closed-loop processes to quickly identify new capability and capacity needs and correspondingly identify partners that would be best suited to grow to support this demand.
- Develop & execute against strategies to drive down COGS & lead time for the procurement of custom mechanical components within Fictiv’s supply chain.
- Cooperate with stakeholders to make improvements on our internal procedures and platform that will reduce friction for our Manufacturing Partners.
- Discover and partner with third parties who can add value for Fictiv’s Manufacturing Partner network.
- Represent the Strategic Sourcing team as a project manager or contributor on cross functional project teams.
- 5+ years experience as a supplier development engineer, strategic sourcing manager, global supply manager, commodity manager, supplier quality engineer, or manufacturing engineer with direct experience working with suppliers.
- Must have experience working directly with CNC machining (milling, turning) and understand the operations of a machine shop
- Experience proposing, justifying, and implementing broad-reaching programs to drive business value
- Ability to conduct difficult negotiates and sustain good working relationships
- Fantastic interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must have fluent English (speaking and writing)
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Excellent project management and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision
Interested in joining our team? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.