Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
What’s in it for you?
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
There are plenty of sales jobs out there. The question is whether any of them will help you grow in your career? Will you be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential? Or are they roles that will ask you to do more of what you've already mastered. At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
Impact in this Role
We are a small engineering team taking the next step in evolving our systems and infrastructure. As a QA Automation engineer, you will play a pivotal role in our company’s product development process to ensure overall product quality through test automation. If you enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems and taking the lead in designing and implementing automated tests that not only elevate product delivery standards but dramatically increase our ability to release quality software quicker and more often, we’d like to meet you.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Software Developer in Test, you will be responsible for automating and maintaining end-to-end integration tests.
- Work with QA Engineers to identify workflows as automation candidates and build out test scripts.
- Work with other members of the automation team to create integration tests using Cypress.
- Perform code reviews for other team members, concentrating on maintaining team standards and best practices.
- Serve as a first point of contact to engineering teams, helping to answer questions about tests and providing automation guidance.
- Monitor and maintain the current library of integration tests, diagnosing and reporting failures to the responsible engineering teams.
Preferred Experience/ Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Test Automation Experience: 4-5 years automation experience. At least 1-2 years working with Cypress.
- You can write tests that operate the system via the UI as well as through backend api calls and understand when each strategy should be applied.
- You are an advocate for high-quality, reusable code, concentrating on creating functionality that can be reused across multiple tests.
- You have experience in an Agile development environment.
- You are an effective communicator, able to explain Cypress and automation to people unfamiliar with either.
- You can work collaboratively with a diverse group of people who have strong opinions. You can understand different perspectives while remaining an effective advocate for software quality.
- You are comfortable working independently, taking an assigned task and determining how best to implement it.
- You have experience working with AWS and ERP systems
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.