At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team (think PhDs, Ironmans, artists) who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future (think autonomous cars)... today.
Location: At the time of posting, remote work is open to employees in the following states Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and the District of Columbia.
Commitment: Full Time
Power to the overseas suppliers!
Fictiv is seeking a product designer to lead the design effort of expanding our manufacturing capabilities overseas. As the first designer on the international expansion team, you will apply your research and design skills to introduce the Fictiv experience to suppliers in Japan and other Asia Pacific regions. You will also be working closely with the product manager and the engineering lead to identify new opportunities and to implement new offerings in that market.
With this role, you will have a lot of autonomy to define, lead and design, but you are fully integrated in Fictiv’s design organization, with ample opportunities to learn from your peers, receive leadership coaching and build partnerships with cross-functional teams.
Due to the nature of the job functions, such as conducting user research and designing user interfaces in Japanese language, only fluent speakers of Japanese language will be considered. This role is based in San Francisco headquarters but occasional international travels can be expected post-pandemic.
Why design at Fictiv
Help transform manufacturing industry with your design super power
Fictiv is committed to transforming the manufacturing industry by introducing systemic solutions that benefit both the developers and the suppliers. Your design will create new value that the market hasn’t seen–radical transparency, intelligent sourcing, operation excellence, to name a few–that will improve the life of hardware developers and manufacturers on a global scale!
Develop your leadership skills in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
Hardware manufacturing is a complex process and takes a team of diverse backgrounds. To solve a problem effectively and quickly, you will be pushed to not only produce your best work, but to be a facilitator of decision making and an advocator for users.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Define UX solution in a given problem space, from ideation, prototyping, testing to implementation
- Design user interface, user flows and high-fidelity mockups for desktop application, mobile, email and website
- Communicate design intent through user journeys, diagrams, sketches and other visual forms
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, product managers and engineers to define user requirements, scope and translate them into engineering specifications
- Fluency in spoken and written Japanese
- 3+ years experience in UX design or related fields
- Experience shipping user-facing software solutions and was responsible for driving the UX design from ideation to execution
- An appetite for business strategy, market trend, growth metrics and competitive landscape
- Desire to test your ideas and iterate them quickly
- Desire to work with a diverse group of people to define solutions and discuss trade-offs
- Eager to learn and grow, confident yet humble
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop, and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.