At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team (think PhDs, Ironmans, artists) who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future (think autonomous cars)... today.
In this role, you’ll be using your engineering background, manufacturing process knowledge (including rapid tooling / injection molding, CNC machining, urethane casting, and sheet metal fabrication), and project management skills in order to ensure that there is a match between our builders’ requirements and the capabilities of the manufacturing partner you are assigning a project to. You’ll use your negotiation skills and understanding of the builders’ design, cost and lead time requirements to address any concerns or questions our manufacturing partners have regarding the work orders you are assigning them so they feel confident with fulfilling the work to our builders’ expectations.
Once work orders have been scheduled, you’ll act as a project manager to address any in-process questions our manufacturers may raise, provide production status visibility to our builders, and mitigate major project risks that pose a threat to meeting our builders’ specifications.
WIIFU (What’s in it for you?)
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
In this role, you’ll be using your engineering background, manufacturing process knowledge and management experience, to develop and implement effective and scalable processes to ensure we’re executing programs within scope, on time, in full, while maintaining customer satisfaction. You will also be working cross functionally to lead the development of robust processes which ensure the successful execution of new service offerings that Fictiv launches to the public.
Impact in this Role
Your role as a Technical Project Manager will be to support and drive improvement to our critical manufacturing functions as well as tactically execute on our Self Serve Order fulfillment operations. We have two sets of customers—our builders, who order parts through us, and our manufacturing partners, who manufacture and assemble these parts—and you’ll take the inputs from our builders and work with our manufacturing partners to deliver on our builders’ expectations. At Fictiv, we believe in creating the world’s premier platform for hardware manufacturing, and you’ll be playing a critical role in making that happen.
You will report to the Head of Program Management.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Program Management – Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Program Planning - Develop project plans that merge customer requirements with Fictiv goals, and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases until fulfilled.
- Program Risk Mitigation - Mitigate risks and coordinate with various stakeholders (internally and externally) in order to ensure the on-time delivery of an order to the builders’ design specifications.
- Work Order Assignment – Oversee the distribution of manufacturing work orders to our overseas manufacturing partner network in order to fulfill our builders’ orders on time.
- Production Issue Resolution – Answer open technical questions that our manufacturers may have around how best to manufacture the parts, and build the parts that we have assigned to them.
- Change Order Management – Ensure post-sale change requests from all stakeholders are evaluated, and appropriately implemented while mitigating any associated risks.
- Continuous Improvement – Identifying areas of improvement and driving those improvements to the responsibilities.
- Communication Management - Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements
- Program Performance Management - Monitor project progress continuously and report on measurable items.
- Program Resource Management - Oversee resources and materials as needed before and during projects.
- Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Oversee the distribution of manufacturing work orders to members of our manufacturing partner network in order to fulfill our builders’ orders on time
- Anticipate details and expectations of future projects.
- Stay informed of industry trends and news.
- Monitor performance of platform pricing calculator and report findings for calculator logic improvement.
- Train other technical program managers on SSO management.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 3+ years equivalent work experience in a project management role in hardware / manufacturing as an OEM or, ideally, as a contract manufacturer.
- Background in working with a minimum of three of the following manufacturing processes:
- 3DP Printing
- CNC Machining
- Injection Molding
- Die casting
- Rapid Tooling
- Urethane Casting
- Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Good understanding in quality management, testing, sourcing, SCM management, logistics and Finance.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, constructing project requirements, aligning expectations, and maintaining project communications to a successful project completion.
- Experience in low volume high dollar value piece part and proto builds.
- You are excellent with problem-solving skills.
- You are results-oriented.
- You have a good sense of urgency, demonstrated ability of owning and managing delivery schedules across tight deadlines.
- You are meticulous, detail-oriented, and have an inclination for documentation.
- You have a history of data-based decision making.
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision.
- Strong team orientation & communication skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
[Technical Project Manager] Personas:
- Looking for grit, agility, and organization / communication skills
- Team oriented individuals
- Data-driven and and detail oriented
- Speed oriented, takes pride in being responsive and getting things done
- Prioritizes multiple projects and tasks effectively
- Excels in an operational role
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop, and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.