At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team (think PhDs, Ironmans, artists) who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future (think autonomous cars)... today.
Impact in this Role
Your role as a Manufacturing Engineer will be to support and drive improvement to our critical manufacturing functions. We have two sets of customers—our builders, who order parts through us, and our manufacturing partners, who manufacture and assemble these parts—and you’ll be consistently working at the interface between the two. At Fictiv, we believe in creating the world’s premier platform for hardware manufacturing, and you’ll be playing a critical role in making that happen.
In your role as the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be reviewing and analyzing the manufacturability and costs associated with fabrication (including CNC machining, injection molding, urethane casting, and other manufacturing processes) submitted by our builders. In this role, you’ll be using your Mechanical Engineering background and knowledge of manufacturing processes in order to determine what design changes may need to be made to our builders’ design specifications in order to meet their needs.
You will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Lead.
What you’ll be doing
- Release Package Review – Analyze models, drawings, parts lists, and other data to determine scope of work, feasibility for manufacturing, manufacturing requirements, and minimum lead time.
- Quoting – Combine your analysis with Fictiv’s software recommendations to generate quotes for builders.
- Calculator Generation – Use your fabrication expertise and understanding of process cost drivers to develop cost calculators that allow for Fictiv to bring quoting in-house for new service offerings.
- DFx Feedback – Provides DFx feedback to builders, such as recommended design alterations to improve manufacturability, reduce cost of part fabrication, or improve ease of assembly.
- Automation Feedback – Provide feedback to the quoting software team to improve accuracy of automated quoting of our manufacturing services.
- Meticulous, detail oriented, inclination for documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision
- Enjoys sharing knowledge and teaching others about manufacturing processes
- Reading and written English skills required. Conversational English is a bonus
- 4-year Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent technical training
- 6+ years of related work experience
- Experience working with CNC machines, such as 3-, 4-, 5-axis mill, 2-axis and live-tooling lathe
- 2+ years hands-on experience on generating quotations for customers. (this 2 years experience can be included in the item 2, which is 6+ years of related work experience)
- Understanding of GD&T and conventional (coordinate) tolerancing.
- Extensive knowledge of machinability and limitations of common metals and plastics.
- Knowledge of heat treating, coatings / plating, commonly installed hardware
- Ability to work early morning shift
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop, and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.