At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team (think PhDs, Ironmans, artists) who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future (think autonomous cars)... today.
Location: At the time of posting, remote work is open to employees in the following states Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and the District of Columbia.
Commitment: Full Time
We’re looking for a highly motivated Sr. Wordpress Developer to support the marketing team in building and maintaining dynamic, mobile-responsive website hosted in the Wordpress environment.
This role will be responsible for building and maintaining a best-in-class website experience to drive user acquisition and customer engagement. An ideal candidate not only knows which tool is right for the job, but has an expansive toolbox of go-to solutions, so they can hit the ground running, whatever the challenge.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a high-velocity environment and take the Fictiv website to the next level by helping us reach the right prospects with the right content and message at the right time.
We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of WordPress and digital marketing. You’ve built your own themes and plugins before and you’re up-to-date with the latest and greatest trends and technologies. You must be able to code custom modules according to coding standards and best practices. In addition to being a front-end super star, you should be able to handle more complex back-end tasks like building dynamic content, SEO optimization and web service programming. You enjoy exploring and building web experiences that push the envelope.
This position reports to the Director of Product Marketing and Content Strategy.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build, extend, maintain, and optimize our marketing website using the WordPress CMS.
- Develop page types, taxonomy language, menu systems, and other WordPress CMS data structures based on wireframes and project requirements
- Configuring goals, triggers, tracking snippets, etc. using Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, as well as A/B tools like Google Optimize, etc.
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experienced understanding of UI/UX standards for high velocity transactions, and the value of a good UX.
- Participate in all stages of development, testing, implementation and maintenance
- Daily workload includes, but not limited to updates to CMS templates, creation of new custom templates, WP maintenance and support
- Create and manage the website back-end including database and integrations, particularly with Marketo and Salesforce.
- Conferring with teams to resolve issues/bugs, prioritize needs, identify solution(s) and implement.
- Patching Wordpress, WP Plugins (e.g. Advanced Custom Fields Pro), PHP and other CMS components on a monthly basis or sooner if any highly critical, actively exploited, vulnerabilities are announced
- Setup periodic vulnerability scans and action on alerts and results
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with proven ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise way.
- Working knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Attention to detail with the ability to deliver projects on-time and on budget
- Experience designing, developing, testing, and optimizing responsive websites
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop, and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.