At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team (think PhDs, Ironmans, artists) who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future (think autonomous cars)... today.
Location: At the time of posting, remote work is open to employees in the following states Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and the District of Columbia.
Commitment: Full Time
What’s in it for you?
What you’ll be doing
- Introduce practices and patterns for developing flexible, robust, and secure systems, allowing the team to expand functionality with higher quality and confidence.
- Create elegant technical solutions to our most complex challenges. As we scale our business this means creating a highly available, distributed system backed by multiple manufacturing partners spanning multiple geographies.
- Guide major architectural decisions that position us to capture new opportunities, scale with high reliability and low latency, and address risks to the business.
- Mentor teammates through code and technical design reviews in ways that increase their ownership and help them grow in their career.
- Bring out the best in the team – You use influence and knowledge to lift the team to high standards of excellence not only in system design and code quality but also in collaboration and development practices.
- Technical expertise – You love digging deeply into the nuts and bolts of how systems work and can solve problems at their root. You have a wealth of experience and perspectives to draw from and share with the team.
- Business understanding – Rather than pursuing technology for its own sake, you are fluent in how businesses work and can apply technology to meet business needs.
- Team-oriented – You have a strong desire to help the entire team level up and improve our collective craft. You understand, as a leader, the outsized impact of your actions and behaviors.
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop, and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.