At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team (think PhDs, Ironmans, artists) who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future (think autonomous cars)... today.
Location: At the time of posting, remote work is open to employees in the following states Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and the District of Columbia.
Commitment: Full Time
Impact in this Role
Your role as a Manufacturing Technical Program Manager will be to support and drive improvement to our critical manufacturing functions. We have two sets of customers—our builders, who order parts through us, and our manufacturing partners, who manufacture and assembly these parts—and you’ll take the inputs from our builders and work with our manufacturing partners to deliver on our builders’ expectations. At Fictiv, we believe in creating the world’s premier platform for hardware manufacturing, and you’ll be playing a critical role in making that happen.
In this role, you’ll be using your mechanical engineering background, manufacturing process knowledge and background in having brought a mass-produced product to market in order to create project and risk management plans to ensure that there is a match between our builders’ project or program manufacturing requirements and the capabilities of the manufacturing partner(s) assigned. You’ll use your negotiation skills and understanding of the builders’ design, cost and lead time requirements to address any concerns or questions our manufacturing partners have regarding the project so they feel confident with fulfilling the work to our builders’ expectations.
You’ll act as a technical program manager to address any in-process questions our manufacturers or builders may raise, provide project status visibility to our builders, and mitigate major project or program level risks that pose a threat to meeting our builders’ specifications.
You will report to the Director of Program Management.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Program Management – Mitigate risks and coordinate with various stakeholders (internally and externally) in order to ensure the on-time delivery of an order to the builders’ design specifications
- Work Order Assignment – Oversee the distribution of manufacturing work orders to our manufacturing partner network (domestic and international) in order to fulfill our builders’ orders on time
- Production Issue Resolution – Drive the resolution of open technical questions that our manufacturers may have around how best to manufacture the parts, and build the assemblies that we have assigned to them
- Change Order Management – Ensure post-sale change requests from all stakeholders are evaluated, and appropriately implemented while mitigating any associated risks
- Guided Expertise - Provide guidance and support pre-sale activities from a Technical Program Management perspective to help conversion of new opportunities
- Continuous Improvement – Identifying areas of improvement and driving those improvements to the responsibilities listed above
- You are results-oriented, motivated by flawless program execution & customer satisfaction
- You are meticulous, detail-oriented, and have an inclination for documentation
- You have a history of data-based decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop, and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.