Who We Are:
We reward shoppers for digitizing their shopping experience.
Our mission is to delight the world’s shoppers with a free smartphone app that is easy, smart and fun.
Why Join the Fetch Family?
We make it better for users even when that's difficult for us
We empower people with information and trust
We challenge ideas, not people
We think bigger and keep building
We find ways to bring the fun to Fetch!
We're committed to building an empowered and inclusive community of innovative and passionate people. As a growing organization, we need team players who can go above and beyond their individual responsibilities to help our company build towards its vision. If you are a creative, hard-working, and fun-seeking person interested in working with a close-knit group of highly talented people, this is the right place for you.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
The Localization Engineer will perform root cause analysis, identifying the source of the problem and setting corrective and preventive actions, and will suggest, coordinate, record and implement process improvements. The role will provide feedback to the vendor management team on the performance of vendors, and will contact, train, and work with vendors directly to assist in resolving performance issues. The Localization Engineer will monitor localization trends and technologies; will work with linguists and the quality assurance team on queries; and will monitor and mitigate project risks. The Localization Engineer will create, update, and revise work instructions and SOPs.
In addition, the Localization Engineer may have direct communication with clients regarding projects and processes; will delegate and reassign work to other Engineers; will support sales on new solutions for new clients, or process improvements for ongoing clients; and may provide training to other Engineers and production teams on localization tools and workflows.
What you will do:
- Lead our efforts in launching an international marketplace and develop strategy around localizing and launching fetch in Canada
- Build a localization team from scratch
- Build a scalable localization program and define Fetch’s localization strategy to support our international growth efforts
- Oversee all localization projects across a wide range of asset types
- Partner with key stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Community Happiness (Support), and other teams across the company to develop localization strategy and roadmap per area
- Track and report the delivery status, development, and completion of all localization efforts and ensure content across product, marketing, help center, etc. is localized efficiently and effectively
- Identify and manage risks through prioritization and troubleshooting
- Effectively communicate project updates cross-functionally and with our external partners
- Effectively articulate the value of localization requirements and regional preferences to cross-functional teams
- Manage relationship with localization vendor including continuous evaluation and delivering performance insights that lead to actionable opportunities
- Gather, analyze & report on localization metrics (e.g., quality, efficiency); looking for opportunities to optimize workflows, inefficiencies or customer issues that have been reported
- Establish and ensure high quality localization standards
- Create best practices documentation for localization workflows for internal and external teams
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5-7 years of experience managing localization
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Prior experience managing and leading teams in the marketing or localization space
- Solid understanding of creator and patron expectations regarding translation in international markets
- A proven track record of identifying tooling and workflow solutions and operational efficiencies
- Vendor-management experience, with a proven ability to set expectations and hold vendors accountable to KPIs
- Prior experience leading root cause analysis investigations and creatively figuring out solutions to operational challenges
- Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and willingness to pivot as needed
- A collaborative spirit, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
- The ability to question the way we do things and recommend alternative solutions that drive impact to the business
- Ability to influence without having authority
- Passion for operational excellence, attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Scrappiness & bias towards action: we’re building the future of creative independence and changing the way creative work is made.
What you will be able to accomplish:
- You will help us create a truly localized experience for creators and patrons in international markets
- You will build and scale a localization program from the ground up
- You will be essential to realizing our international goals, which is a major growth lever for the company
- Lead our efforts in launching an international marketplace and develop strategy around localizing and launching fetch in Canada, Europe and Asia