Who We Are:
We reward shoppers for digitizing their shopping experience.
Our mission is to delight the world’s shoppers with a free smartphone app that is easy, smart and fun.
Why Join the Fetch Family?
We make it better for users even when that's difficult for us
We empower people with information and trust
We challenge ideas, not people
We think bigger and keep building
We find ways to bring the fun to Fetch!
We're committed to building an empowered and inclusive community of innovative and passionate people. As a growing organization, we need team players who can go above and beyond their individual responsibilities to help our company build towards its vision. If you are a creative, hard-working, and fun-seeking person interested in working with a close-knit group of highly talented people, this is the right place for you.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
At Fetch Rewards, our vision is to help make shopping easy, fun and smart. Millions of people use our app every month and we are growing rapidly. Although we have earned a 4.8 rating in the App Store, we believe our product can do so much more.
We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher to help us define what research looks like at Fetch through example, and build repeatable research processes that can be adopted by other UX researchers and product designers. While our team conducts a lot of research and usability tests, you would be our first dedicated UX researcher, which means you’ll get to set our research strategy, shape our research culture and practices, and coach and partner with the product design team on building delightful and intuitive experiences. You would be a force multiplier for the overall Product team -- so we can adhere to the Fetch Principle of "understand our audience and lead them forward."
This role can be based anywhere in the US.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Excited to develop and lead a research practice
- A strong practitioner with both qualitative and quantitative research
- Extensive experience with all of the major tools and methods of user experience research (surveys, in-person interviews, remote video interviews, unmoderated research sessions, usability and prototype testing, etc.)
- Enthusiasm for working closely with product managers and product designers on turning insights into action
- Customer champion - builds empathy and understanding for our users across our company and stakeholders
- Collaborative partner - enjoys working with others across disciplines and teams
- Excited to join a fast paced, collaborative, and dynamic environment
- Experience in design systems, game design, loyalty, consumer engagement, or behavioral science a plus
- 5+ years of UX research experience
- Interest in growing into a Lead, managing 1-2 reports (preferred, but optional)
Within 1 month you will:
- Become familiar with our product, get to know the team
- Review existing research in order to begin developing an understanding of our customers and their needs
- Support UX research for projects already in development, including feature work, exploratory research tracks, and the development of our design system
Within 3 months you will:
- Set a roadmap for UX Research for the coming months, identifying current gaps and making plans to address them
- Lead development of nuanced personas
- Coach product designers on user research practices and methods for their packs
- Run holistic research projects of your own, sharing actionable insights for Product, Design, and Engineering
- Help interview other UX researchers
Within 6 months you will:
- Standardize the tools and processes that we use for research, and continually experiment and share new methods
- Develop and share a method for managing insights and sharing research broadly across the organization
- Specialize and narrow focus in a key business area, as UX research practice grows
- Inform new app features and design ideas through discovering actionable insights into our customers