At Fetch Rewards, we have two sayings that sum up our organization launched in 2013:
Defeat the Odds!
Who We Are:
Our mission is to make your life easier and more rewarding, by leveraging technology to transform shopping into an engaging, rewarding, and delightful experience.
At Fetch Rewards, we believe that you deserve to save on the products you buy and love, not just because you remembered to clip the right coupon or shop at a specific store. Just snap a picture of your receipt from any grocery store and we bring the savings to you! We just think it's easier that way. Our technology platform, based around a free smartphone app, ensures that users have the best shopping experience possible.
Why Join the Fetch Family?
We empower people with information and trust
We challenge ideas, not people
We think bigger and keep building
We find ways to bring the fun to Fetch!
We're committed to empowering a more inclusive community full of innovative and passionate people. As a growing organization, we need team players who can go above and beyond their individual responsibilities to help the company build towards its vision. If you are a creative, hard-working, and fun-seeking person interested in working with a close-knit group of highly talented people, this could be the right place for you.
The Head of Fraud Prevention will lead the digital trust and fraud prevention function. The objective is to protect Fetch Rewards, its partners and, most importantly, unlock trusted and reliable experiences for customers. This role will partner with senior leadership and lead day-to-day management of a cross-functional team responsible for establishing and executing Fetch Rewards’ strategy to minimize fraudulent activity and build a world-class risk management framework. Additionally, this person will provide leadership, career development, and mentoring to team members as well as contribute guidance and best practices across the data services, analytics, customer success, product, and technology organization.
Responsibilities include direct supervision of team members responsible preventing fraud, abuse, program management, fraud response and strategy, technology solutions, as well as investigations. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assess existing fraud risk management framework and implement a next-generation and highly scalable risk management platform
- Identify gaps in current systems, policies, products and strategies and take actions to mitigate emerging fraud risks with guidance from managers.
- Develop and implement comprehensive fraud detection strategies and business rules, including capability roadmap, tools and analytics, talent, structure and governance, that balance fraud loss, cost of execution and customer experience.
- Employ technology, data analytics, and industry best practices to increase fraud detection and prevention capabilities
- Evaluate the fraud landscape and lead the build of appropriate fraud mitigation measures, through a rules engine and machine learning.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to protect the company’s interests and advise Technology, Product, and Marketing business groups on fraud risk mitigation strategies
- Proactive fraud trend identification and new data source integrations to combat emerging trends
- Foster a risk-based approach within Fetch Rewards and partner with Product and Engineering teams to continually develop best practices and regulatory compliance programs
- Stay abreast of external regulatory requirements and changes to network rules and relevant standards and maintain 3rd party engagement with risk service providers
- Cultivate a collaborative, growth-driven team through strong coaching and mentoring.
- Scale a data driven, multi-functional team to develop and own Fetch Rewards anti-fraud governance, strategy, and framework
- Identify system security gaps and implement solutions to prevent fraudulent exploitation of those gaps.
- Develop tools and methodologies to analyze, assess, predict, and monitor fraud risks, including the development of critical scoring frameworks, metrics, and KPIs
- Utilize analytics to optimize fraud strategies, in order to reduce false positive rates and false flag rates.
- Extract and analyze data, investigate data integrity, generate fraud metrics to show the performance of fraud systems for use in management reporting.
- Build, foster, and leverage relationships in the fraud industry to drive down fraud loss through innovation, strategic change or methodologies
- Utilize third-party fraud technology and analytical tools to proactively improve abuse detection and mitigate fraud
- Serve as the key subject matter expert in fraud risk across the company and/or with external partners; think through 'big picture' implications for stakeholders and evaluate trade-offs and interests of multiple stakeholders
- Hold expertise in all applicable fraud related compliance regulations and applicable laws
- Monitor on-going operations to identify existing fraud risks, assess emerging fraud risks, and test fraud mitigation techniques to ensure efficiency and efficacy of models and rules
- Develop and execute fraud learning and training programs
- Be persuasive at all levels of communication, including board members and senior-level executives
- Technical security solutions
The Head of Fraud Risk will report directly to the VP-Operations.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Minimum Experience A minimum of 10 years of relevant fraud, risk operations, or financial crime prevention experience and 3+ years of leading teams within a growth stage company. Experience in payments, rewards, or ecommerce industries.
Education Bachelor’s degree required.
Required Competencies: Leadership, Technical Anti-Fraud and Risk Management Skills, Strategic Vision, Vendor Management, Talent Recruitment & Development, Cross Functional Collaboration, Growth Stage Success, Best Practices, etc.