Fernish... so much to say! We're on a mission to make it effortless to create your home. We offer premium furniture and décor for bite-size monthly payments, and then you can decide later what to keep, return, or swap out. Think of us as the Stitch Fix for creating a space and home you love. And at our core, we are a circular commerce business built around asset recycling and reuse, which it turns out isn't just great for margins, but it's also great for the environment.
We were founded in 2017 and are backed by some of the best investors out there - from Khosla Ventures on the institutional side to Jeff Wilke, Amazon's former CEO of Worldwide Consumer, on the individual side. We've been featured in a slew of national publications from The New York Times to Fast Company - which we think of less through the lens of vanity and more through the lens of validating our product-market fit!
You'll be joining a team with an exceptionally close-knit culture and communication style - and you will be joining early enough to make a real impact on the long-term success and direction.
Our team is proud of the operating values below that we've built our culture around:
- Drive the mission: We exist to help people and make their lives more simple, flexible, and sustainable. All of our decisions should reflect that.
- Care for the communal: We care for our team, our customers, our communities, as well as the environment given our circular economy, mission-driven business model.
- Be empowered: We value ideas, initiatives and encourage action.
- Always get better: We encourage everyone to ask questions, never stop learning, and never settle for the status quo.
- Disagree without being disagreeable: We encourage open, honest, and respectful exchanges of ideas and opinions.
- Embrace humor: We take our work, but not always ourselves, too seriously!
Description of the role:
Fernish is growing quickly, and as we add new markets, warehouses, customers, and partners, we are seeking an Account Executive to play a vital role in expanding our mission to our B2B and Multi-Family partners. Our B2B business is a developing and integral part of our company, and we’re looking for a passionate individual who is excited to grow, innovate, and expand this sector of our business.
This role will be responsible for managing the complete selling process from the client’s first touch, to purchase, to install, and ensuring the customer experience is exceptional throughout.
- Prospect for new business through outside sales calls, solicitation, networking, and cold calling
- Improve company visibility by conducting outside sales calls/blitzes, attending trade shows and market segment-related events
- Qualify leads and prospects gained from cold calls, sales blitz, and other sources
- Meet or exceed established monthly, quarterly, and annual targeted sales goals and profit margins
- Maintain an active list of accounts to ensure continuous relationship development
- Maintain and secure repeat business through client satisfaction and loyalty
- Maintain knowledge of industry and trends in the market, particularly amongst competitor sets
- Attend design-industry-related events in the local community: design awards, charities, book signings, and openings
- Develop and execute an outreach plan to connect with partners in the local areas and included territories
- Implement creative and out-of-the-box outreach/selling strategies
- Field inquiries (and ultimately sell) to consumers over the phone, email, and – importantly – in person
About the candidate:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is excited about growth with the following credentials:
- You are passionate about sales, particularly driving new business
- You enjoy fostering relationships with existing clients and creating repeat business
- You are comfortable managing sales relationships, setting personal goals, and maintaining/exceeding sales performance objectives
- You are a go-getter who has exceptional attention to detail and the ability to translate details into actionable responses
- You are self-directed and willing to learn new things, ask questions, and promote customer experiences
- You are outgoing, friendly, and have a growth mindset
- You can learn and adopt new technologies and systems
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in the furniture category
- Start-up experience, working with a fast-paced team and entrepreneurial environment
- Project management experience
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Excel, and/or Google Sheets
*We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the outlined requirements. We love meeting talented individuals who are excited about our brand and eager to grow in a startup environment.*
- Top-tier health, dental, and vision plans (company covers 75% cost for employees and 65% cost for dependents).
- Remote work options
- Unlimited PTO plan, with encouragement for everyone to relax, refresh and recharge
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Fun work environment and team culture
- 50% off any furniture and décor through Fernish, after all, that's what we do!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fernish is a signatory to the PledgeLA commitment. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage all to apply - you will be welcomed and included as our team member and valued for your contributions and who you are!