Job Title: Global Human Resources Officer (Generalist)
Location: Paris, France or Brussels, Belgium
Application Deadline: Rolling
Team: Global Human Resources
Reporting To: Global Head of HR
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
This person will play a crucial role on the Global HR team consolidating our employee data and HR reporting across 13 global locations, managing our HRIS systems, and liaising with key ENGIE offices on process improvement, European contracting and labor laws, and new systems roll out. This role will also be part of a dynamic Global HR team supporting on projects as diverse as onboarding, learning and development, talent acquisition, and performance management.
HRIS and other HR Systems
- Be the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for OneHR, the ENGIE HRIS system for EEA and ensure that our 13 HR SPOCs in various countries are all fully trained on OneHR processes, updates, and changes.
- Manage HR team access to OneHR across all locations to ensure every on the HR team has proper access and controls are in place.
- Ensure data integrity in OneHR and compliance with HRIS updates and systems.
- Assist country SPOCs to troubleshoot any data integration errors that may arise.
- Initiate and project manage process improvement initiatives to streamline the flow of data from our country payroll and PTO management systems into OneHR.
HR Data Collection, Analysis, and Reporting
- Project manage Group Social Reporting (GSR) and HR data collection and analysis across EEA to help the HR team track our activities, make process and employee experience improvements, ensure diversity standards are met, and comply with ENGIE data and reporting requirements.
- On a quarterly or monthly basis, ensuring that Country and Global HR leads submit the following reports and will be responsible for consolidating and analyzing the results at EEA company level:
- Monthly Reporting:
- SEAT file updates – used to update OneHR
- Hires, Exits, Head Count by country team and by department
- Diversity metrics
- Professional development activities
- Quarterly Reporting:
- GSR Data
- Leave balances
- Retention/Turnover Rate
- Time to Hire for new hires
- % new joiners participating in Onboarding and Leadership Culture training
- Participate in annual talent audit exercises/ projects as required.
- Support the Head of HR in creating reports, decks and other documentation.
HR Documentation and Administration
- Liaise with appropriate French, Belgian & Other European ENGIE HR Teams to draft and execute Global Team employee contracts for EEA, especially when managing new hires/mobilities from within ENGIE.
- Ensure contracts are stored safely with no access to un authorized persons
- For new hires/mobilities from within ENGIE, manage the onboarding, offboarding and HRdocumentation in partnership with the French, Belgian & Other European HR teams and our EEA HR Business Partner
Employee Experience and Talent
- Organize monthly Global Onboarding Sessions for the Global Team and Country Management teams and collaborate with managers to ensure an exceptional onboarding experience.
- Promote a learning culture by working with managers and the HR team to assess training needs, identify opportunities, and support team members to sign up for available L&D activities.
- Support the Talent Acquisition team by posting new roles, downloading CVs from OneHR, sourcing candidates, and screening CVs
- Monitor performance management for the global team, promote learning and growth through feedback, and troubleshoot any questions that may arise.
HR Team Strategy, Annual Planning, and Process Improvement
- Support in continual review of our way of doing things, HR processes and workflows to ensure we retain great employee experience and business efficiency.
- Contribute to the team’s annual strategic plans by sharing ideas, insights and following through to ensure the required projects are executed
Knowledge and skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Human Resources Administration
- High level of maturity, integrity, and discretion
- Experience managing employee data: ensuring data accuracy and confidentiality
- Proven track record of successfully managing projects in a fast moving, complex, and detail oriented environment.
- Highly effective communication and training skills (both verbal and written)
- Committed to providing excellent customer service to our internal customers
- Derives a high level of satisfaction from being highly responsive and timely in dealing with individual issues
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- English fluency (writing, speaking and reading)
- French fluency (writing, speaking and reading)
- Experience in HRIS or other HR technology
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!