Job Title: Supply Chain and Procurement Manager
Department: Upstream Supply Chain
Reporting Line: Head of Upstream Supply Chain
Location: Shenzhen, China
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Supply Chain & Procurement Manager is positioned at the interface between EEA Global teams and other cross functional teams and the manufacturers that supply our core hardware products. In this role, the individual is leading Supply Chain & Procurement team for procurement strategies, commodity strategies execution and spearheading the purchasing process, and managing on-going product order fulfillments to delivery products from selected suppliers to each market in the fastest time with highest product quality. as well as provide guidance on supply chain management and procurement processes.
will take a leadership role in executing effective and efficient procurement and supply chain services in UNOPS Afghanistan ensuring values and competencies in maintaining transparency, integrity and compliance with established rules and regulations. Specifically, the Procurement and Supply Chain Manager will perform the following responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Provide leadership & directions to the Sourcing & Procurement and Supply Chain Management teams in line with divisional and regional strategy;
- Ensure that the team is continuously improving and developing innovative and effective processes, systems and tools to improve team’ satisfaction and quality.
- Oversee and enhance relationships with CMs and Suppliers to provide better services to EEA and support EEA’ long term business growth;
Lead the Supply Chain management team
- Coordinates global procurement strategies and efforts and navigates the complexities internally and externally to ensure longer term supply needs are met.
- Work with Africa Operations and in-country operations teams to review and optimize monthly orders and 6-month forecasts,
- Manage the procurement process from PO (Purchase order), IT (Inventory Transfer), GRPO (Good Receipt Purchase Order) in SAP and also manage the Supplier’ Payment updated in Cash flow tracker and ensure the suppliers payment accuracy and be paid in time etc.
- Manage the materials pipeline, report on and highlight issues, and resolve any materials shortages.
- Manage the logistic from selected suppliers to EEA Africa countries and ensure the economic in local transfer for mix-up suppliers and combined shipment, and optimization per box, per pallet and per container in each shipment.
- Monitor and control production scheduling to best balance factory capacity and logistics efficiency.
- Monitor the shipment/containers from departure to arrival and ensure the cargos arrived in good condition without any damage.
- Prepare a monthly review of EEA products production capacity against EEA demand, report and highlight any gaps to Operations Product Manager and Management team.
- Tracks and communicates industry trends, competitive situations, price trends and supply/demand situations to appropriate associates.
- Join effort with the Operations product manager and Factory project teams to mitigate risks of EEA inventory liability. including Long Lead-Time Materials List review, minimizing E&O, and providing handling recommendations for E&O materials as re-sell, return to sub-supplier and scraps etc.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Sets and achieves performance metrics to improve total delivered life cycle value in regards to commodity cost, quality, technology and services etc.
- Study the regulations and requirements for each shipping country and ensure that all shipments comply with those requirements.
- Monitor the shipment process from China to worldwide destinations and cooperate with each market Operation team to ensure safe delivery of our goods.
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Knowledge and skills
- Minimum of 8-10 years logistic, production planning and vendor management experience in electronic manufacturing industry (ODM, OEM, EMS);
- Good experience in forecast management, material planning, material management, order delivery, supply & demand analysis, risk analysis.
- Advanced experience of ERP/MRP.
- Expert of logistic, production planning and vendor management.
- Knowledgeable lean manufacturing techniques.
- Bias for action and change, strong problem-solving skills.
- Logical, strong analytical skill.
- Strong negotiation skills, sourcing knowledge and experience.
- BA/BS degree
- English and Mandarin
- Experience in technology required for the role
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
a significant exposure to Ethics risk given the geographical footprint (9 African markets) and type of activities (B2C, with large sales force on the field), this hire is critical for business continuity.