Job Title: Supply Chain Manager/Supervisor
Department: Upstream Supply Chain
Reporting Line: Operation Program Manager
Location: Shenzhen, China
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Supply Chain Manager is positioned at the interface between EEA Global teams and other cross functional teams and the manufacturers that supply our core hardware products. In this role, the individual is managing on going products order fulfillments to deliver products from China to each market in the fastest time with highest product quality.
IT System Management:
- Create and maintain the master data in SAP and Arena.
- Receive the demands from EEA planning manager and process PO (Purchase order), GRPO (Good Receipt Purchase Order) and IT (Inventory Transfer) in SAP.
- Keep the update payment information in Cash Flow Tracker.
Order & Inventory Management
- Work with EEA planning Manager /Africans in-country operations teams to review and optimize monthly orders and forecast.
- Manage purchase order tracker, work with the Finance team on PO generation till successful payment;
- Monitor and control production scheduling to best balance factory capacity and logistics efficiency;
- Monitor the inventory in China and reduce monitor level as lower as possible;
Production Monitoring and Materials Management
- Manage the materials pipeline, report on and highlight issues, and resolve any materials shortages.
- Prepare a quarterly review of EEA products production capacity against EEA demand, report and highlight any gaps to Operations Product Manager and Management Team.
- Evaluate and manage vendors to make sure KPIs are achieved.
- Work with the EEA and Factory project teams to mitigate risks of EEA inventory liability. including Long Lead-Time Materials List review, minimizing E&O, and providing handling recommendations for E&O materials as re-sell, return to sub-supplier and scraps etc.
Logistics & Customs Support
- Study the regulations and requirements for each shipping country and ensure that all shipments comply with those requirements.
- Monitor the shipment process from selected suppliers to worldwide destinations and cooperate with each African Operation team and Africa Operation team to ensure safe delivery of our goods.
- Maintain status reporting for orders in progress on Trello/Box/Sharepoint, provide additional reporting as necessary, and act as a logistics liaison for each of the related EEA functional teams.
Supplier Performance Management:
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Evaluates and manage vendors to make sure the KPI is achieved.
- Sets and achieves performance metrics to improve total delivered life cycle value in regards to commodity cost, quality, technology and services etc.
Knowledge and skills
- Minimum of 6-8 years logistic, production planning and vendor management experience in electronic manufacturing industry (ODM, OEM, EMS); Less working experience will be consider as Supply Chain supervisor
- Good experience in forecast management, material planning, material management, order delivery, supply & demand analysis, risk analysis.
- Advanced experience of ERP/MRP.
- Expert of logistic, production planning and vendor management.
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic environment
- Impeccable organization skills with the ability to multi-task
- Willingness and ability to travel within China mostly and internationally.
- BA/BS degree
- English and Mandarin
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!